Guess what I just heard (Pratchett Fans)

amthysteyes2

Actually, you probably all know this by now, but in case you don't:

Following the success of Hogfather, Sky One has commissioned the same people to do mini-series on The colour of magic. Pratchett himself will be the astro-zooligist

I assume explaining the 'big bang' theory (lol)

and David Jason plays Rincewind. Christopher Lee as Death. But I suppose you all read wikipedia... still... Im pleased.

Personally, I'm really not chuffed with some of the casting - I love David Jason, but he's FAR too old to be playing Rincewind - that character is supposed to be quite youthful still (early-mid thirties at the very most!). Seeing as how he was playing Albert in Hogfather, I'm wondering where they got the idea to cast him as Rincewind in The Colour of Magic. Also more than a bit miffed that they're merging The Colour of Magic with The Light Fantastic (like there's not enough story in there already???).

Some info at IMDb HERE.

The official site HERE. (although nothing seems to be on it yet!)

The Sky One site HERE.

I agree with you, Kell. David Jason is nowhere near the age of Rincewind. The Wizzard is not meant to be a grandfather. Jason would be good as one of the senior wizards from the Unseen, but I don't think Rincewind is the right character for him.