Louise's Books 2008

Louiseog

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beneath the Bleeding was great, next in the Tony Hill Wire in the Blood series which had got a bit scarey and over the top, this was much better, more realistic and a clever twist.

Sue Townsend, Number 10 I loved this if you've read The Queen and I or Queen Camilla its the same theme, the Prime Minister has had enough so goes on a tour of the country, really biting satire actually but it is the people in the terrible places who prove to be the heroes.

Not sure about next!

Ruso (Medicus) and the Disappearing Dancing Girls, RS Downie great Roman murder mystery, easy and good story.

Wendy Holden School for Husbands - just what it should be! Easy story, not too sad. Goodies were goodies, baddies were a pantomime of nastiness! And all well at the end!

Why did you give up on it?

Just didn't grab me, read the first 50 pages, couldn't rememebr who the characters were and didn't really care about what happened to them! Don't think I'm saying that it was a bad book in any way, just not for me.

Winter's Bone was strange, set in Missouri Ree's dad is a crank maker (I don't know what crank is but its illegal - drug or alcohol) her mum is mad, dad disappears and if he doesn't come back he will lose his bond, so she atrats to look for him. Very tightly written - characters develop fast and the events are only over a few days, quite shocking in some ways. Don't think I got it!

Heartsick, Chelsea Cain, gory thriller. Just trying to work out whether its in UK or USA which is annoying me a bit

It's in the USA in case any one was wondering, Portland.

Really enjoying this one

Gory and thrilling but with an optimistic feeling at the end, tortured cop may actually get better!

Principessa Christa Dickason

I emnjoyed this not much to think about but in this sequel to the Firemaster's Mistress think she has created a likeable and believable character and the situations he gets into are exciting, all in all a good read

Edited by Louiseog

• 2 weeks later...

The Hindi Bindi Club - Monica Pradhan

Really enjoyed this story of first and second generation Indian immigrants in the US. Recipes start each chapter some of which sounded yummy!

Nice family tale

The Looking Glass Wars Frank Beddor - someone on here mentioned this and I got it on that recommendation, loving it already - retelling of the story like Wicked but am preferring it to that.

Edited by Louiseog

I'm glad you enjoyed The Looking Glass Wars, Louise! I also picked it up recently based on a recommendation from here, but I haven't read it yet. I'm looking forward to it even more now!