Happyanddandy's intended reading list for 2008

happyanddandy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Started 'The Battle for Big School' by Sarah Tucker. This caught my eye in the Hospice shop as I heard the author interviewd last year on local radio. Of interest because I have been through the process fairly recently and know how vile it is.

Looks to be very light, quick reading.

Finished Worldwide Adventures in Love by Louise Wener.

Unexpectedly delightful book which I have reviewed in the blog. I am sorry to have finished it - due for publication in July this year I think.

I have a Librarything ER book to start next but I think I am going to sneak in Tony Parson's latest My Favourite Wife - it's a library book and should be a quick read.

Finished Worldwide Adventures in Love by Louise Wener.

- due for publication in July this year I think.

Ooo did you get an early review copy - I read about this at work and added it to my wishlist - I often shelf Goodnight Steve McQueen also by her.

I've read a little of In Search of Adam, but other review books have taken priority, as that one was so late. It started off well for me, but the style is starting to annoy a little. It'll be interesting to see how I find it when I go back to it.

I am going to stop reading 'In Search of Adam' by Caroline Smailes. I have read 57 pages and it's too harrowing for me. I just sat down to read for an hour and I realised I could not pick it up again. The book is narrated from a 7 year old childs view and it is about sexual and child abuse. It's very bleak indeed.

Happy to send it on to someone. It is well written just not for me. :lol:

I've just read other readers reviews on LT - (I usually make a point of not reading others reviews until after I finish a book) and feel vindicated for stopping. :lol:

So...

At the library today, I went to return Tony Parsons and had no intention of picking up anything else and what do you know? Joanna Trollope's new book 'Friday Nights' was staring at me on the counter top. So I nabbed it and that's my next book.

I am going to stop reading 'In Search of Adam' by Caroline Smailes. I have read 57 pages and it's too harrowing for me. I just sat down to read for an hour and I realised I could not pick it up again. The book is narrated from a 7 year old childs view and it is about sexual and child abuse. It's very bleak indeed.

Happy to send it on to someone. It is well written just not for me. :lol:

Is it really that bad?

• 2 weeks later...