Dr Who Xmas Special - Voyage of the Damned

Mia

Oh my. That was brilliant. It was also amazingly sad. ;) Be warned - more sensitive souls (like me) will need a few hankies. I'd just about got myself under control at the end when the dedication to Verity Lambert came up and set me off again. :lol:

The Host were so creepy. They reminded me of the statues in Blink. There were some excellent special effects, lots of humour and even more people dying heroically to save others. It was all like The Poseidon Adventure in space! Well, what do they expect if they call their ship The Titanic?

Straight after, there was a trailer for Doctor Who with Catherine Tate as the new companion (it looked good) and then one for Torchwood which made it look very good - let's hope it actually is this time.

Phew, I was nervous reading this, because we often disagree... but I loved this Special too! :lol: It was hilarious in places, and also very touching. Fingers crossed the new series keeps it going!

I missed the Torchwood preview.. I'll have to go back to Sky+ and check!

Guest fireball

Doctor-Who-Mad-Gal Wrote:

I LOVED IT!!! It was very sad, though frown.gif ooh ooh, guess what??!! I'm going to see the Aladdin pantamime in Birmingham with John Barrowman and Daleks in!! I love my family!! as you can probably tell, I am VERY EXCITED and TOTALLY HYPER!!!

Then you don't want to see this then.? :lol:http://www.veoh.com/videos/v148905047Yh4ADb?searchId=8540436710939381828&rank=1 Hope you have a great Christmas and Newyear.

ooh ooh, guess what??!! I'm going to see the Aladdin pantamime in Birmingham with John Barrowman and Daleks in!!

You lucky beggar! :lol: I hope you enjoy it DWMG, but I'm sure you will.

why? :s *confused* I've seen Time Crash loads of times...

You lucky beggar! :lol: I hope you enjoy it DWMG, but I'm sure you will.

I did! I met John Barrowman! It's so cool! He signed my programme and DVD! (A dr who one with him in, not just a random one :D)

I met John Barrowman! It's so cool! He signed my programme and DVD!

Ooh! You lucky thing! Was he as charming as he appears to be on screen? I get the feeling he's quite arrogant, but he has so much charisma that you just have to forgive him! Did you see him on that ITV skating show, what was it called, Dancing on Ice? And will you be watching Torchwood?

DWMG - I'm pleased for you that you will be able to watch a version of Torchwood :D (though I would hate to see a censored version. Hopefully they will do a better editing job than C4 did with Angel). ;)

Ooh, and I heard that James Marsters (Spike from Buffy) is in the first episode! Hurrah! :lol:

Guest fireball

Mia, did you say "Spike from Buffy" is in "Torchwood"? first episode second series.? B'l'o'o'd'y hell! That'll be brill, I liked his short stint in the Smallville" TV show AND wanted more of him, and also remember 'Spike's' then girlfriend in the earlier series of Buffy TVS,? I love to see her too.

Daft bit of "did you know coming up"..... Juliet Landau she who played the dread (and very dead!) Drusilla Spike's girlfriend, god help him!!!:lol: well Miz Landau's parents are known WELL known actor/tress in their own right, they appeared together in the 60's classic spy TV series the original MISSION IMPOSSIBLE in which the 'new' rather lame Movies are named after; her mum and dad continued their double act in a British classic si/fi series of the early/middle 1970's you just might remember....Space 1999, and they are Barbara Bain and Martin Landau.

Just thought some 'useless' information to make your day.!;):lol:

Yeah, I did know about Juliet's parents - my brothers used to avidly watch Space 1999 but it was just before my time! I'm sure we've got a Space 1999 annual or two somewhere in the loft!

James "Spike" Marsters is definitely in this series of Torchwood, but I'm not 100% certain which episode. The latest I heard was that the series opens with a two-parter, and he's in this. ;) I also heard that he

shares a snog with Captain Jack!

I loved Spike and his "British" accent, which I thought was pretty good, unlike Drusilla's "cockernee"! :lol: