Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

purple95

I very seldom read non-fiction,the only time I will read non-fiction is usually when someone gives me a loan of a book and I have nothing else lying around,the only exception I can remember in recent times was the Shelia Hancock book about her and John Thaw but that was more to do with my love of Thaw(Sweeney/Morse/Cavanagh)than the book itself.

• 14 years later...

I am a fiction girl through and through. I would like to try and branch out a little and read a few autobiographies because I’ve seen a few that have interested me, but for me reading is an escape from reality and fiction hits the spot perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...

Used to be around 30% non-fiction, but that's been increasing of late, and was up to 50-50 last year.  In terms of non-fiction, I read a mixture: a lot of history, natural history, travel, science, social sciences and historical/literary biography.  My non-fiction library is about 3-4 times the size of the fiction library!