What's for Dinner Tonight?

Nici

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got home in plenty of time to mix up some batter and brown some sausages for toad-in-the-hole tonight - it's in the oven as I type. Also having baby potatoes, carrots, baby sweetcorn and baby cauliflower with it - all done in the steamer - and some delicious onion gravy. Just the right kind of stuff to keep me warm in the horrible wintery weather we've been having today.

I also made a summer pudding yesterday and there's a portion left, so I'm going to have that for dessert - yummy!

It's well seen my appetite has started to return!

Katie had a cheese sandwich, tomato soup and lychees.

Me and OH had a roast dinner for his birthday. I was going to make it after Katie went to bed, but he is going out so we had it while she played, and still managed to spend some time together.

Kell - It is good to see you, and to see that you are liking food again.

Bacon butties rule!

We stopped at a restaurant on the way back from the funeral. Me and Mum had a chicken breast with bacon, BBQ sauce and cheese, chips and veg. Katie had chicken bites, chips and beans (I would have preferred her to have fish fingers). My step-dad had a steak.

When I got home and put Katie to bed I had mince mash and carrots (then I rang Mum and she told me she had curry and fried rice from the chippy. I'm heavily pregnant, what's her excuse:lol::)).

Meatballs in tomato and chorizo sauce with spicy potatos

Handmade by Mr Marks and Mr Spencer :)

We never eat ready made food cant remember why I bought the above but its been in the freezer for a couple of months so thought best use it up. I am going to roast a butternut squash to go with.

Sounds lovely F&C.

Bacon butties for me tonight.

It was :) Though the timings for two recipes plus rice was a bit of a nightmare. Each recipe has do this for 3-4 mins then this for 5-6 mins then simmer or boil for for 12 mins or 20 mins, about a million steps altogether aargh!

Anyway, tonight we had turkey steaks with pesto, corn cobs and jacket potato. Much simpler :hissyfit: