Books to get our Reading Mojo back

kitty_kitty

V - she means our "Reading Mojo" - like when you go through a phase of just not being able to settle with a book at all, no matter how much you are enjoying it, and then you find your mind wandering no matter what book you pick up till you find one that really grabs you and gets you back into it.

I'll edit the title of the thread to read "Reading Mojo" so as not to mislead anyone. :(

I often turn to chick-lit when in a reading slump, as they're a no-brain-involved reading that's usually highly entertaining and gives you the feeling of completion when finishing a book. So to that end I could recommend Daddy's Girls by Tasmina Perry. Totally brain-activity-free, marshmellow fluffy and with enough twisting storylines to keep it interesting. Chick-lit at it's best and worst.

On a more serious note, anything by Erlend Loe is always truly entertaining. Particular favourite of mine is, of course, Naiv.Super. (Not sure about the translation to English here, most likely something along the lines of "supernaive".) That's like the existentialism of Kafka's, or Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being, only less heavy and self-important and more fun!

When I lose my reading mojo, I like to re-read an old favorite. It gets me back into the reading mood and makes it easier to start on something new. One genre I like to go back to is thrillers, like John Sandford and Preston/Child.