Book pages going wavy

I'm with Echo, it sounds like moisture. And the condensation in the windows doesn't sounds healthy either. You could try moving the books to another room, but that might not help either if the whole house is suffering from this. Also, if you just moved, it could be that the books jst got some moisture during the move. How did you store them during the move? It could be just that.

It is damp. When we moved into our present house 10 years ago, one wall had a bit of unnoticed dampness, but this was unnoticed. We built a wall-to-wall bookself in front of it and over the next 4 years the damp got into some of the books. Fortunately, only 2 were ruined (and these were replaceable contemporary books). We have corrected the problem now.

They are new books that I had just bought so I know it was nothing to do with bringing them to the new house, also moving them somewhere else is out of the question as it is a 1 bedroom bungalow with limited space, we have an over bed wood cabinet and they are stored in there, the ones stored in there seem to be fine, it mainly happens when I leave them out which I of course won't be doing anymore, but I am still a bit panicky that the ones stored away will start ruining!

Is there any way to get the waves out?

They are new books that I had just bought so I know it was nothing to do with bringing them to the new house, also moving them somewhere else is out of the question as it is a 1 bedroom bungalow with limited space, we have an over bed wood cabinet and they are stored in there, the ones stored in there seem to be fine, it mainly happens when I leave them out which I of course won't be doing anymore, but I am still a bit panicky that the ones stored away will start ruining!

Is there any way to get the waves out?

I'd be more concerned about the damp and condensation in the house personally. Sort that out and the books will be fine :censored: