The Vistor~Lee Child

Heather

Lee Child was a new author to me when 2 of his books came into my charity shop where I work. I read the covers and liked what I saw so decided to buy them.

The first book that I read was The Visitor and it was an excellent book. You were kept going all thru the book something was happening all the until the end where the slight twist came in as to who was the culpert.

This is an author who I would recomend for other to read and I can' wait to read my other book my him called The Enemy.

Lee Child was a new author to me when 2 of his books came into my charity shop where I work. I read the covers and liked what I saw so decided to buy them.

The first book that I read was The Visitor and it was an excellent book. You were kept going all thru the book something was happening all the until the end where the slight twist came in as to who was the culpert.

This is an author who I would recomend for other to read and I can' wait to read my other book my him called The Enemy.

that's 2 books by lee child the same ones that you've mentioned, the one I'm reading is "The Enemy".

I'd never heard of Lee Child until I read The Visitor. I was absolutely gripped by the storyline from start to finish, I thought it was a brilliant book.

One of the best mystery books I've ever read.

I have another Lee Child on my bookshelf - Die Trying - which I'm looking forward to reading. ;)

Carole

:lol:

What kind of mystery are they? It's so hard to tell these days. I was so disappointed to read "Color Of Death" by Elizabeth Lowell ( romantic suspense) and find some REALLY gritty violence that kind of turned me off.

What would you all say "The Visitor" is like? Dark, urban mystery? Suspense? Violent?

I read The Enemy a few months back. I'm not a great fan of crime series, unless they offer something really out of the ordinary, but it was a publisher's freebie, and I know a lot of people do like Lee Child, so I gave it a go.

It's pretty much a straightforward police procedural, with the twist being that the protagonist, Jack Reacher, is a military policeman rather than a civilian copper. As with all heroes of these books, he's a maverick, fighting against the inertia or dishonesty of his superiors (bit of a cliche there).

For Jen, there are plenty of dead bodies lying around, but there's no unduly graphic or gratuitous violence. It was a lot better written than I'd expected, although I must confess I did lose track of who was killing whom and why!

Not the worst book I've ever read, by any means, although I probably wouldn't go out of my way to hunt down others in the series. It would certainly make a long journey go quicker.