Ugly Betty

scottishbookworm

I managed not to look at the spoiler this time, Muggle! :welcome:

We have not had any episodes of Ugly Betty since well before Xmas. :006:

You should be getting last night's episode soon I would think. It really, really was a good episode and I think sets the tone for future shows. please though don't look at the spoiler if you intend to watch the show.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I think that was the second episode Gyre, I watched it two weeks ago and it was about a fashion show and using really skinny models - that wasn't a repeat, was it?

You're right, the one about the skinny models was the first new one. The second one with the perfume was daft, but much funnier. I was shouting at the screen for Amanda to give Betty the perfume as evidence!

I thought it was good this week - with Daniel going out with Willamena's sister. I wonder what her secret is though?

The first thing that popped into my head was that she used to be a man - but then I thought that they wouldn't put two transexuals in the same show - i don't know why that thought popped in there :blush:

This show just keeps getting better and better for me. I watched the new episode on E4 last night and really enjoyed it. The storyline with Wilhelmina and her sister will be interesting. But poor Christina, locked away in Wilhelmina's house. I really like Ashley Jensen and think she's massively underused.

I watched the episode on E4 last night too (I usually watch on a Friday but it clashes with a thing about Heroes tonight). I thought it was an OK episode, but not one of the best.

I preferred last week's, which had some great laugh out loud moments. I liked the bit where Daniel and Renee went back to his apartment and jumped on the bed and his mum's voice came out of the darkness: "That's not the boob you think it is"! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We had a double bill last night in the UK and they were both really good episodes! I felt so sorry for poor Renee, sabotaged by her own sister.

It was funny where Daniel became convinced Betty had a crush on him. I also liked the bit where Amanda joined in with the fashion models, posing and pouting, until someone dragged her away! :D

And wasn't the guy who played the gym coach gorgeous?! I hope he's going to be in it more as Hilda's love interest! Still can't stand Gio though...

Waaay too much Gio in tonight's episode - I really can't take to him at all. Unfortunately, it looks like they might be getting together. :17: I don't think it was one of the best episodes this week.

It's the last episode on Friday in the UK. :P

What do you all think Betty's decision was? I think she went to Henry, and the plane flying over at the end was to make you think she'd gone with Gio. Personally, I think she's in a lose-lose situation - I can't stand either of them! I've never liked Gio, and I've gone right off Henry.

It was an OK episode, but kind of depressing. I felt so sorry for Daniel, ousted by his own sister. :006: To be honest, I wish Betty and Daniel would get together!

Funniest bit was when Naomi Campbell took out her mobile phone and everyone ducked! I also liked the flashback to High School PE and the "human shield" thing (cruel, but funny).

I'm looking forward to this returning next year. :welcome:

I couldn't believe it when they just ended it like that!

I think she has picked neither of them and has gone off on her own. If she leaves to go live with Henry then she won't be able to work at Mode anymore so will they be able to make a new series?

I hope Daniel gets reinstated by his sister and everyone realises how evil Wilimena (sp?) is :welcome:

I was really disappointed with the ending of this series. Not just that we didn't get to know Betty's choice (which is just annoyance rather than bad writing). I want Betty to end up with Gio. If you had asked me a few episodes ago I would have said Henry, but he is really annoying me know and I think Betty would be better off with Gio. Also Christina hasn't been mentioned for a few episodes (they really under use her).

• 8 months later...

Did anyone see the series opener last night? What did you think?

I thought it was pretty good. :) I missed the familiar situations though, such as Betty and Daniel being at Mode - I didn't like the new place. This also meant there wasn't enough Mark and Amanda!

Wasn't Wilhelmina's b/w nursery a horror? I pity the baby that has to live in that!

Betty herself annoyed me slightly with her stupidity over taking the apartment unseen. :blush: The new neighbour looks promising, and I suppose he will be the new love interest, but really... Does every unattached male Betty meets fall for her? What are the odds, really?

Did anyone see the series opener last night? What did you think?

I thought it was pretty good. :006: I missed the familiar situations though, such as Betty and Daniel being at Mode - I didn't like the new place. This also meant there wasn't enough Mark and Amanda!

Wasn't Wilhelmina's b/w nursery a horror? I pity the baby that has to live in that!

Betty herself annoyed me slightly with her stupidity over taking the apartment unseen. ;) The new neighbour looks promising, and I suppose he will be the new love interest, but really... Does every unattached male Betty meets fall for her? What are the odds, really?

Yeah I saw it too. I totally agree with you about the lack of Amanda and Mark moments.....lets hope it goes back to normal pretty sharpish eh! And now she has her own apartment we might see less of Justin who I also adore.

The new office isn't great is it....did you see the clip of next weeks show? Looks to be pretty funny :006: