Ugly Betty

scottishbookworm

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed it:roll:

To be honest with you I don't think they have promoted it quite as much as usual as I didn't know it was starting until the Tuesday when I just happened to catch the end of a promo for it. I originally thought it was going to be a Season 1 repeat as it seemed a little soon for S2 to be starting in the UK, but when I checked the TV guide I realised it was S2.

It was a very good first episode (sorry Scottishbookworm!)

The bit

about Santos really had me taken in - I was shocked at the ending. :lol: Ooh, and the bit with Alexis waking up and not remembering she'd had a sex change!!

The bit

about Santos really had me taken in - I was shocked at the ending. :lol:

Oh yeah that shocked me too. Well not shocked as such because I'd read shortly after the end of Season 1 that

Santos wasn't going to survive

so when I saw the episode last week it confused me a little. But then I figured the writers had changed their minds or something and I was quite happy about that. Or at least I was until the revelation at the end came about. Great little twist though.

And, is there going to be a new "person" in someone's life. Last night's episode makes one think so. :D

I've not seen this week's episode yet as I'm watching it at Channel 4 pace because it clashes with the BBC3 episode of Heroes on a Wednesday.

Ok, somebody tell me what's so great about this show and when is it on? I know there's a girl named America who stars, right? That's about it:D

I see that you are in Boston, so......the show is on ABC on Thursday nights at 8:00pm. Watch an episode or two and determine for yourself if you like it.

It was a very good first episode (sorry Scottishbookworm!)

The bit

about Santos really had me taken in - I was shocked at the ending. :lol: Ooh, and the bit with Alexis waking up and not remembering she'd had a sex change!!

Me too Mia! x

I see that you are in Boston, so......the show is on ABC on Thursday nights at 8:00pm. Watch an episode or two and determine for yourself if you like it.

Oh, that explains it -- I've had clinical on Thursday nights for the last two years:( But I'm going to download an episode and see what everyone is talking about. I discovered Freaks and Geeks after it was already off the air, stumbled on it at the video store..I'm guessing Ugly Betty might be similar.

Karen, I think Muggle is an episode ahead of us. The character he mentions comes in next episode, apparently.

Episode 2 was another good one! I liked Amanda with the dog!

And the bit where Betty and Christina were hiding under Wilhelmina's bed!

:lol: And Mark was actually nice (once) to Justin!! Mark is so funny -

the bit where he walked into Wilhelmina's office and the bodyguard went for him so he kind of scrambled up the wall and clung on was hilarious.

I think it's so cute Mark, of all people, is sort of a father figure to Justin now Santos is gone, and Ignacio is still in Mexico.

Yep, you sure are an episode behind. Wonder, shall I not even post spoilers as I don't want to ruin it for y'all. It comes on tomorrow night in the U.S.

Thanks. Thanks a lot, people. It's a rainy, crappy day here in New England, and what have I been doing? Watching Ugly Betty...all afternoon! You have only yourselves to blame! I refuse to admit enjoying any of it.

I may have a small thing for Daniel, but I'm only halfway through Season 1.

:D

Daniel is rather cute!

I didn't like the sandwich guy in last night's episode - I thought he was rather creepy. I hope he's not going to be a regular character.

The bit with Amanda on the red carpet was very funny! :D