Can you resist buying in a bookshop?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never used to be able to enter a bookshop without coming out with at least one book. I'm not so bad now though as I just try and keep in mind my huge TBR pile that's sitting at home waiting to be read. 2009 is going to be the year that I focus on getting it down - which means no buying books. Or at least that's the plan.

The only reason I can resist buying, is because there are usually so many that I want, that I can`t narrow it down, then I spend ages dithering about which to buy and finally I end up deciding to think about it and leave empty handed! :)

The only reason I can resist buying, is because there are usually so many that I want, that I can`t narrow it down, then I spend ages dithering about which to buy and finally I end up deciding to think about it and leave empty handed! :)

Same for me too :lol:

I thought I was capable of not buying a book, but I went into one bookshop today and came out with three classics, and then went to TESCO, not even a bookshop but TESCO! and came out with a new release. Whoops.

Lol, I'm the same when I go Asda, I think to myself, I'll just have a little glance down the book isle and then always end up picking one or 2 up

You know, I'm really grateful to this forum for boosting my reading ambition. I hadn't read a book out of sheer free will in probably over a year, excluding Twilight.

Today I picked up 4 books, I've two more new additions lying around and I've just completed several other books.

Happy Noll ^_____^