Hello from Germany

LankaDivore

Hi everybody,

I've joined this forum today and I thought it would be a good idea to write an intro.

I'm Lanka, 16 years old and I live in Germany. I'm a native German speaker so I'm sorry for all the grammar mistakes you can find in my posts.

Since I often read English books (for me they are the "original books" the German ones are just a translatiom) I decided to join an English books-forum. I'm glad to be here now and I hope to take part in many discussions, improve my grammar and find many new books to buy and read :)

I can't find them. There is no smiley-face above the box. Actually there's nothing above it (because of my tablet? I'll try posting with my laptop soon)

yay, I've found them :smile: . Unfortunately I can just use them when I use my laptop (which I basically never do).  :wacko: 

Now I go back to my tablet to look for this full version button. Thanks chaliepud!

Still can't find it (I think I'm just to dumb for using this forum ^^). I'm using the full version right now but the smileys still don't appear. (On my laptop they immediately appear when I click into the writing-box.)

I took a screenshot of my current tablet screen. Maybe anyone knows which button to press...

post-13996-0-73431600-1458222573_thumb.jpg

You won't get the full version on a tablet. The only way to add the standard emojis from a tablet is type in the code e.g. a colon followed by a closed bracket is a smiley face :) or a colon followed by a D is a grinning face :D. - so without the space in between, they'd be : ) and : D

I really like fantasy books (mostly urban fantasy) and dystopias. I barely read crimes or thing like that. Some of my favourite books (actually I can't name any "favorites" there are so many great books) are "Ashes" by Ilsa Bick, the "Tiger-saga" by Collen Houck, "the phantom of the Opera" by Gaston Leroux and the "immortal-trilogy" by Julie Kagawa (I'm really waiting for the third book to be released). And I, of course, love the Hunger Games trilogy :)