Where is your favourite reading place?

Spooncat

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm most often reading in my study. The sofas are just to die for! Also, the old armchair in my bedroom is really comfortable, I like curling up into that one with a blanket. And the sofa in the livingroom, of course, that's where I go if I have food. I rarely use trains, I don't do public transportation, but I do read in planes. So basically anywhere where I can kick off the shoes and curl up. The only exception would be cafes, I love reading in cafes, surrounded by people.

When I lived in Ireland I used to take a book to my local pub on rainy days & spend the day sitting in the pub reading - 1 bottle of Bulmers with ice, please!

I'm assuming your local pub was a nice quite place then. :blush:

Small world my grandmother moved to Kenmare a few years before she died:roll:

What exactly is your problem?!? Why would you roll your eyes at something like that?

Why exactly would you think I have a problem ?? It would appear you have misinterpreted my post

Maybe it's because you use the 'roll eyes' emoticon in pretty much every post. And it's not like you'd roll your eyes and talking about your grandmother dying in the same sentence.

So, you're rolling your eyes at the coincidence? Is that what you mean? I guess the rolling eyes smilie just doesn't work right in the context, so it threw some of us off. :blush:

Why exactly would you think I have a problem ?? It would appear you have misinterpreted my post

I have misinterpreted your post? And every other post you make where you roll your eyes at something. That seems to be your answer to every critique to your arguments and disagreement with some Holy Truth you, and you alone are privy of. Okay, let's say that I have. What DO you mean by that eye-rolling smiley?

And do us both a favor and don't say "the smileys are there to be used". Yes, they are. They are there to help one add a gesture that cannot be seen on a forum like this, with written text standing for speech. They're there to convey a message, to add to the written words. And the gesture of rolling ones eyes at something or someone is, at least where I come from, a sign of disrespect and ridicule, an amused boredom at the object of discussion or the person talked to.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion! :lol:

Let's get back on topic now. What is my favorite reading place? Well, since we've moved, we got rid of our old couch so my new reading place is in this old, ugly, brown chair my parents gave us. It used to be my boyfriend's favorite place, but he's since taken over our new couch, so it's my place now. :blush:

I love to read on the train and never have trouble concentrating, yet I can't read in other public places because I get too easily distracted.

The worst for me is in waiting rooms. I just cannot concentrate when I'm in a waiting room, which is quite a shame because I have 3 appointments lined up for my first day off next week, and I'm supposed to be using that time to read! Oh well, I'll still try of course. Maybe I can manage a few paragraphs :lol:

Otherwise, my favourite place is in my armchair in my library, with my ottoman underfoot, incense burning in the corner and the window open so I can listen to the birds and the wind in the trees. :blush:

I

Otherwise, my favourite place is in my armchair in my library, with my ottoman underfoot, incense burning in the corner and the window open so I can listen to the birds and the wind in the trees. :blush:

This sounds amaaazzing.. I am totally going to have to have a room like this if we settle down in a place big enough to actually have an extra room (i.e. not NYC) !

I love to read on the train and never have trouble concentrating, yet I can't read in other public places because I get too easily distracted.

I can read quite well on buses, I've even missed stops because of it. I can read in cafes too, otherwise I would never get my coffee!

My favourite places to read though are curled up on the sofa or in bed. I used to love reading in the bath too when we had one