Where is your favourite reading place?

Spooncat

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter does this too! Our rottie usually lies beside her, after bouncing about a bit and annoying her first mind :)

Ahhhh :) I can't do it for too long though in the boiling heat cause I get so burn't! And then the sun hurts my eyes so I have to lie on my back and hold the book in front of the sun! :lol:

I can never read in the bath because i'm so worried about dropping the book in the bath and ruining it or just generally getting it wet - I love my books to be in perfect condition :lol:

Ditto. Once in a while I'll get an urge to have a nice warm bath with some music and a good book but it takes me ages to set up (getting everything I need, setting up my laptop close by to get the music but not too close so as not to get water on it, getting the water at just the right temperature...) and then I'm way too nervous about letting the book fall in to read comfortably *cracks up*

In a nice warm bed is the best, or beside the fire *grins*

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a reclining leather chair for my conservatory to sit in and read. The only problem is I can't sit in there during these cold months so I tend to read in bed.

I wish I could lie on the sofa and read but I get distracted with the TV and games consoles too easily and tend to re-read the same sentence over and over again.

Ditto. Once in a while I'll get an urge to have a nice warm bath with some music and a good book but it takes me ages to set up (getting everything I need, setting up my laptop close by to get the music but not too close so as not to get water on it, getting the water at just the right temperature...) and then I'm way too nervous about letting the book fall in to read comfortably *cracks up*

The bath is my favorite place! I've done this since I was little, and I've probably only dropped a handful of books in. *don't judge me.. it's not a bad record for that many years!* It's terrible, but I'm willing to settle for the risk of puffy pages rather than giving up my bathtub reading! :lol:

Any cafe or coffee shop works for me, with a lovely smooth latte or a gorgeous frothy cappuccino.

At home, it's in my armchair, which has nice high arm rests, so I can support my arms while holding up any particularly heavy hardbacks.

I can't read in bed - I need to be properly awake while I read, otherwise I forget what I've read and just read the same pages over and over again each night, so reading the book ends up like a never ending Groundhog Day!

The bath is my favorite place! I've done this since I was little, and I've probably only dropped a handful of books in. *don't judge me.. it's not a bad record for that many years!* It's terrible, but I'm willing to settle for the risk of puffy pages rather than giving up my bathtub reading! :lol:

Ahahahahahah awwwhhhh *hugs* :lol:

Thats so cute! I'd be raging if my books suffered death by bubbles. :)

I like reading alone in a room. I can't read if someone else is in the room, or if the tv is on, or if theres music or anything distracting :lol:

Yup same here. I find birds singing distracting when i'm in the garden :lol: I wish I could block it all out!

Yup same here. I find birds singing distracting when i'm in the garden :lol: I wish I could block it all out!

I'm lucky enough to be able to do that!

Ahahahahahah awwwhhhh *hugs* :lol:

Thats so cute! I'd be raging if my books suffered death by bubbles. :)

I'm sure I've told the story before, but I once lit a book on fire while reading in bath. I leaned over to get my wine glass, and held out the arm holding the book for balance (not that I needed, more a reflex, really) without taking my eyes off the page. I accidentally held the book to the candle nearby, and it caught fire. I screamed, and BF rushes in, thinking I'm being murdered into my own bathtub or at least seen a spider. He finds me sitting in a bathtub full of water, frantically trying to wave the book fast enough to put the fire out, without realising that I'm SITTING IN A BATHTUB FULL OF WATER. He didn't stop laughing for a week.