What books are you looking forward to in 2015?

chesilbeach

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, I like the sound of A Borrowed Man. I've added it to my wishlist.

Mr. Wolfe is supposed to be working on a sequel to that one, called Interlibrary Loan. If A Borrowed Man is as good as it sounds, I'll be biting my nails for the sequel as well.  :D

Here is another one I am looking forward to.

The Fifth Heart by Dan Simmons. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking forward to Margaret Atwood's new book, The Heart Goes Last.  It was released on September 29th:

(I think this might have started as a series of short stories)

Stan and Charmaine are a married couple trying to stay afloat in the midst of an economic and social collapse. Job loss has forced them to live in their car, leaving them vulnerable to roving gangs. They desperately need to turn their situation around—and fast. The Positron Project in the town of Consilience seems to be the answer to their prayers. No one is unemployed and everyone gets a comfortable, clean house to live in . . . for six months out of the year. On alternating months, residents of Consilience must leave their homes and function as inmates in the Positron prison system. Once their month of service in the prison is completed, they can return to their "civilian" homes.

At first, this doesn't seem like too much of a sacrifice to make in order to have a roof over one's head and food to eat. But when Charmaine becomes romantically involved with the man who lives in their house during the months when she and Stan are in the prison, a series of troubling events unfolds, putting Stan's life in danger. With each passing day, Positron looks less like a prayer answered and more like a chilling prophecy fulfilled.

Edited by Anna Begins

I'm looking forward to Margaret Atwood's new book, The Heart Goes Last.  It was released on September 29th:

(I think this might have started as a series of short stories)

Stan and Charmaine are a married couple trying to stay afloat in the midst of an economic and social collapse. Job loss has forced them to live in their car, leaving them vulnerable to roving gangs. They desperately need to turn their situation around—and fast. The Positron Project in the town of Consilience seems to be the answer to their prayers. No one is unemployed and everyone gets a comfortable, clean house to live in . . . for six months out of the year. On alternating months, residents of Consilience must leave their homes and function as inmates in the Positron prison system. Once their month of service in the prison is completed, they can return to their "civilian" homes.

At first, this doesn't seem like too much of a sacrifice to make in order to have a roof over one's head and food to eat. But when Charmaine becomes romantically involved with the man who lives in their house during the months when she and Stan are in the prison, a series of troubling events unfolds, putting Stan's life in danger. With each passing day, Positron looks less like a prayer answered and more like a chilling prophecy fulfilled.

Yup, that's the one we bought the other day at B&N.  I'd read all but the last installment.  And, of course, now one seemingly can't purchase that last installment separately.  Gak.

Supposedly, the sequel to The Rook by Daniel O'Malley is coming out in January.  Stiletto.  /fingers crossed/