What books are you looking forward to in 2015?

chesilbeach

Yes, that's her main autobiography. The one I linked to was written about a particular time in her life, when she was overseas with her husband. I must still have your copy of the book here (along with Kay's). I will send it one day, I promise!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Platt and David Wright, it came out on the May 12th, called 12.

At 6 p.m. on a Wednesday in October, a gunman will enter Goldman’s Diner and commit one of the worst massacres the small coastal town of Palm Isles, Florida has ever seen.

Twelve hours earlier: twelve lives are on borrowed time, unaware that death is coming, or that their paths will collide in one tragic moment. 

TWELVE HOURS
TWELVE LIVES
WHO LIVES?
WHO DIES?

Sean Platt and David Wright, it came out on the May 12th, called 12.

At 6 p.m. on a Wednesday in October, a gunman will enter Goldman’s Diner and commit one of the worst massacres the small coastal town of Palm Isles, Florida has ever seen.

Twelve hours earlier: twelve lives are on borrowed time, unaware that death is coming, or that their paths will collide in one tragic moment. 

TWELVE HOURS

TWELVE LIVES

WHO LIVES?

WHO DIES?

That sounds good :) Must check that out myself.

After loving the first two books in Robin Stevens Wells and Wong Mysteries, I can't wait for the third book, First Class Murder which is out at the end of July.  (She's also announcing the title of book four tomorrow lunchtime :exc: … I wish I'd had the internet and twitter when I was growing up, kids authors are so much fun and great at engaging with their readers).

Book four will be called Gunpowder, Murder & Plot

Yes, that's her main autobiography. The one I linked to was written about a particular time in her life, when she was overseas with her husband. I must still have your copy of the book here (along with Kay's). I will send it one day, I promise!

Oh wow, had somewhat forgotten about that! :D No worries babes! :friends3:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some more information for Ransom Riggs' next book, Library of Souls, including a picture of the cover (gorgeous!) and an interview with the author. Thanks to Paula for sharing this on Facebook. :)

Thanks Kylie (and Paula!!) I can't wait for this one! :)

I was going to mention Terry Hayes' (I Am Pilgrim) next book, The Year of the Locust, but then I realised it's not out until 2016. :doh:  Still it's something to look forward to.

I need to finish I Am Pilgrim first!

I received The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah in the post this week, I must get to it soon as I've heard really good things about it! :)

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

The sixth book in Ben Aaronovitch's Peter Grant series is being published on 19 November. It's called The Hanging Tree.

• 4 weeks later...

Found this link, and thought it'd be of interest here.  :0

Most Anticipated: The Great Second-Half 2015 Book Preview

http://www.themillions.com/2015/07/most-anticipated-the-great-second-half-2015-book-preview.html

And, yes.  I've already pre-ordered, er a couple..... :D

I saw the English language film of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ; I fancied seeing the films first, but they seem stuck in development hell.  I suppose I could always watch the Swedish ones.  :smile:

This looks good - This is your life, Harriet Chance !    :smile:

And, yes.  I've already pre-ordered, er a couple.....  :D

And a couple would be how many ?  ;)

Great article! I'm personally curious about for example Armada from Ernest Cline, as I loved Ready Player One. Oooh and the Brian Selznick book, and the Audrey Niffenegger one.. But since I don't buy hardcovers much, it'll be a wait for the paperback releases or until the library has them (if they are translated into Dutch). It's exciting though :)!

I saw the English language film of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ; I fancied seeing the films first, but they seem stuck in development hell.  I suppose I could always watch the Swedish ones.  :smile:

I've heard from people the Swedish ones are more close to the original books. I wouldn't know as while my parents have the DVD of some of them, or maybe just the first one, or all of them?, I haven't yet seen any of them as I wanted to read the books first and I haven't done so yet. Also, I couldn't watch them with my boyfriend as Swedish + Dutch subtitles would make it very difficult for him to get what's going on :giggle2:.

Found this link, and thought it'd be of interest here.  :0

Most Anticipated: The Great Second-Half 2015 Book Preview

http://www.themillions.com/2015/07/most-anticipated-the-great-second-half-2015-book-preview.html

And, yes.  I've already pre-ordered, er a couple..... :D

Thanks for the link! As excited as this book news makes me, part of me also wants to cry because there are yet more books that I want to read but will probably never have time too. :(

I'd bet any amount of money that you've preordered the new John Banville. :D

This looks good - This is your life, Harriet Chance !    :smile:

And a couple would be how many ?  ;)

We've seen both the Swedish and English version.  Both were good, but I'd have to agree that the Swedish version was truer to the books.  Although I thought the English was excellent as well.  The casting in both was superb

Ummmmm.......

The Blue Guitar by John Banville :D

Undermajordomo by Patrick deWitt (The Sisters Brothers was his other book I've read and liked)

Slade House by David Mitchell

The Girl in the Spiders Web A Lisbeth Salander  by David Lagercrantz (continuing Stieg Larsson's Millennium Series)

Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike) by Robert Galbraith 

One of the last two wasn't on this link, but I ran across it whilst on Amazon......now I can't remember which of the last two it was.  :blush2:

Great article! I'm personally curious about for example Armada from Ernest Cline, as I loved Ready Player One. Oooh and the Brian Selznick book, and the Audrey Niffenegger one.. But since I don't buy hardcovers much, it'll be a wait for the paperback releases or until the library has them (if they are translated into Dutch). It's exciting though :)!

I've heard from people the Swedish ones are more close to the original books. I wouldn't know as while my parents have the DVD of some of them, or maybe just the first one, or all of them?, I haven't yet seen any of them as I wanted to read the books first and I haven't done so yet. Also, I couldn't watch them with my boyfriend as Swedish + Dutch subtitles would make it very difficult for him to get what's going on :giggle2:.

I have Ready Player One in the stacks here to read.  I even picked it up once, but somehow was sidetracked.....lol

I've merged this with the other thread for 2015 books, as some of them have already been discussed. :)

Ahh, thanks.  I couldn't find this thread when I posted. :)

Thanks for the link! As excited as this book news makes me, part of me also wants to cry because there are yet more books that I want to read but will probably never have time too. :(

I'd bet any amount of money that you've preordered the new John Banville. :D

I know the feeling!  All too true.

And, you'd be a winner!  Shudda done it!  :angel_not:

Edited by pontalba

Great article! I'm personally curious about for example Armada from Ernest Cline, as I loved Ready Player One

Me too, Athena!  I LOVED Ready Player One and can't wait for this new one :D

I'm also excited for the new Lauren Groff.  Thanks for posting the link, Pontalba!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few coming out this year that I am looking forward to.

Well, some of them are already released in hardback, but I normally wait for the paperback.

The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley

Fool's Assassin by Robin Hobb (I still need to read the last four that came out before this one, though.)

The Boy Who Drew Monsters by Keith Donohue

A Borrowed Man by Gene Wolfe

Here is a synopsis of the last one! Cannot wait! :D

It is perhaps a hundred years in the future, our civilization is gone, and another is in place in North America, but it retains many familiar things and structures. Although the population is now small, there is advanced technology, there are robots, and there are clones.

E. A. Smithe is a borrowed person. He is a clone who lives on a third-tier shelf in a public library, and his personality is an uploaded recording of a deceased mystery writer. Smithe is a piece of property, not a legal human.

A wealthy patron, Colette Coldbrook, takes him from the library because he is the surviving personality of the author of "Murder on Mars." A physical copy of that book was in the possession of her murdered father, and it contains an important secret, the key to immense family wealth. It is lost, and Colette is afraid of the police. She borrows Smithe to help her find the book and to find out what the secret is. And then the plot gets complicated.