Tennis

supergran71

Only caught the lasat bit of the 2nd game when Murray was fighting to go to the 3rd game. Phew.....and then what a turnaround for the 3rd. Well done Andy too on getting to No.2!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wanted to say congrats to JM Del Potro. He just defeated Roger in the final of the US Open to take his first Slam. At just 20 this guy is a special player and could well be the next dominant force on the Men's tour after Federer.

Wasn't he amazing for 20 to achieve that at such a young age. Def one to watch.

I remember seeing him when he was 17 and thinking he was going to be special. I saw him live at the Australian Open at the beginning of this year and he was one of the sweetest hitters of the ball there.

Still, his development this year has been significant. At the start of the year he was a top 10 player but a guy who didn't really have what it took to beat the best. Federer anhilated him at the Australian, it was a slaughter. Now he is beating the top few in the world and winning a Slam. Great stuff, definately a guy who will be a significant force over the next 10 years.

Also, just on a side note, Federer accepted defeat with the grace of the true champion he is. Said he had his chances, gave it his best but Del Potro was just the better man. Credit to Roger, what a great year he has had. After so many wrote him off at the beginning of the year he has gone on to win 2 of the 4 Slams, losing in 5 set finals in the other two, and recapture his number 1 ranking.

I remember seeing him when he was 17 and thinking he was going to be special. I saw him live at the Australian Open at the beginning of this year and he was one of the sweetest hitters of the ball there.

Still, his development this year has been significant. At the start of the year he was a top 10 player but a guy who didn't really have what it took to beat the best. Federer anhilated him at the Australian, it was a slaughter. Now he is beating the top few in the world and winning a Slam. Great stuff, definately a guy who will be a significant force over the next 10 years.

Also, just on a side note, Federer accepted defeat with the grace of the true champion he is. Said he had his chances, gave it his best but Del Potro was just the better man. Credit to Roger, what a great year he has had. After so many wrote him off at the beginning of the year he has gone on to win 2 of the 4 Slams, losing in 5 set finals in the other two, and recapture his number 1 ranking.

Wow! That was so nice of Federer not many people do that anymore.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anybody watching / following the Australian Open? (I have to mostly follow it on the internet because of the time difference :D)

I think the men's draw is pretty open this year. Who do you think will win? Personally I'm hoping for another Federer-Nadal final, with Federer triumphing this time! Revenge for last year!

Having said that I think Djokovic, Del Potro, Davydenko and (grudgingly) Murray are all in with a shot. Should be interesting! :)

Did anybody watch Roddick-Gonzalez earlier?? That was the best match I've seen in ages! I was so disappointed that Gonzalez didn't win. I think he deserved it, he played amazingly well!!

Too bad about Murray. Never mind, Nadal up next for him which will be the first challenge he's really had. Go Nadal!!

Did anybody watch Roddick-Gonzalez earlier?? That was the best match I've seen in ages! I was so disappointed that Gonzalez didn't win. I think he deserved it, he played amazingly well!!

Too bad about Murray. Never mind, Nadal up next for him which will be the first challenge he's really had. Go Nadal!!

I missed the Roddick match. Just watching the Federer match and he's looking good.

We love it in this household, it was very disappointing for Baghdatis. I'm interested to see how far Tsonga can go too!

I'm really enjoying the Women's tennis this year.

Cracking match that Tsonga was involved in to get to the quarter finals. He's up against Djokovic next, though.

What a shame I was really enjoying the match. Feel sorry for Rafa too, but probably the most sensible thing to do, hope it doesn't ruin his season of tennis again. Well done Andy though.....:D