What's Up in April? - 2015

Athena

DS bought me The Hobbit, Battle of the Five Armies and Game of Throne season 1. Looks to be a long weekend so I'm going to sabre them till then! I'm on the library waiting list for GOT but I'm life 100.

I went to a cabaret last not, che' risqué, lol! Unfortunately I couldn't stay inside because the music was just too loud for these old ears and that blasted white strobe light keep finding its way to out table dang near blinding me. Headache city. I'll be better prepared for their next visit.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is April 24. We are not supposed to get a frost past April 15. So, why does the weather forecast say there is a good chance of frost tonight. I wonder if I should talk to all my tomato plants, pepper plants, etc and tell them to ignore any frost as it isn't supposed to occur after April 15. :) I do not want to have to buy all new plants and go through the planting job again.

Got a few days off work now, so looking forward to getting out in the fresh air to try and increase my walking distance.  Don't want to waste the days, so I'm going to try and keep busy (and I include reading as keeping busy :giggle2:).  Might go and visit some friends and family as well. :)

I hope you have some nice days off :).

DS bought me The Hobbit, Battle of the Five Armies and Game of Throne season 1. Looks to be a long weekend so I'm going to sabre them till then! I'm on the library waiting list for GOT but I'm life 100.

I went to a cabaret last not, che' risqué, lol! Unfortunately I couldn't stay inside because the music was just too loud for these old ears and that blasted white strobe light keep finding its way to out table dang near blinding me. Headache city. I'll be better prepared for their next visit.

I hope you enjoy all those things :)! I'm sorry the cabaret wasn't so nice :(.

Today is April 24. We are not supposed to get a frost past April 15. So, why does the weather forecast say there is a good chance of frost tonight. I wonder if I should talk to all my tomato plants, pepper plants, etc and tell them to ignore any frost as it isn't supposed to occur after April 15. :) I do not want to have to buy all new plants and go through the planting job again.

Oh no, I hope you don't get any more frost now, until the autumn / winter season :(! Our small plants (that we just planted last month) are in the conservatory ('serre' as we say), so they will be okay. We haven't had any frost the past week, but it has been a few degrees above 0 °C some of the time, at night. I hope your plants will be okay :(.

This Monday it's King's Day here, so it will be busy in most places. I don't plan on going out myself, because it would be too busy for me. There are a lot of activities going on, so I hope for nice weather for the people, and children, who do go somewhere.

I've done a lot of chores this morning and am now sitting down and browsing the forum. I hope to do some reading later today.

Had a pretty good day yesterday, managed to go out for a walk, visit my dad, get the car washed and generally keep busy, but not sure what today holds.  I think OH has some jobs for me to do, but hasn't let me know what they are, so I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for him to sort himself out. :roll:  

I got offered a temporary contract with my old job in UCC, from basically now until about September/October. Sounds like good news, but it's not very well paid and I'm going to be financially screwed over until July, so that will be fun. Gonna have to ask my housemate/landlord can I defer partial payment of my rent til July when I get my first full paycheck. I guess the worst that happens is she says no and kicks me out, but that's hardly gonna benefit her so hopefully it'll be okay.

Other than that, I gave my anxiety a good aul boot up the backside by going to meet the friend I stood up last week, and it was lovely, had a really fun time with him.

So in theory, things are good. In reality, they're a bit stressful. Is life ever not stressful? :roll:

Hello, everyone, hope you're well! :D

I'm avoiding doing my law revision  :hide: (Although to be fair, I have done quite a lot of revision this week, and I'm spending a whole afternoon on oceanography with my friends tomorrow- fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon!) It's also been a nice week, too. Had an unexpected surprise this afternoon. One of my flatmates had to leave early in March due to severe glandular fever that he had for months, and he came back to visit everyone today and is here until Tuesday! He gave all of us ladies in the flat flowers, too, which was lovely, and he's a lot healthier now. The weather's also been beautiful up until today, so for the last few days, my friends and I have been having fun in the evening sun (although some of us sat on the rocks with our feet in the water the other day... let's just say we couldn't feel our feet for ages as it was so cold!). 

Busy weekend ahead, 3 football matches this morning, one scouting for new players, one watching youngest son play and one watching eldest son referee.. Then shopping to buy track spikes for youngest son, then if time we will go to see the new Marvels film.

Tomorrow will be athletics all day with youngest son for his first Quadkids competition, all outdoor with no shelter so praying the forecast improves! Then hopefully home in time for the big match.. Arsenal v Chelsea.. Come on the Blues!!!! :) :)

Looks like it's going to be a stay indoors sort of day today, as it's raining and dark outside at the moment, so I'm going to have another book day! :D  Will need to go out to the shops later on, but other than that I don't have anything planned, so I'm going to try and finish Northanger Abbey and then try and catch up on reviews.  My kind of Sunday. :yes:

I got offered a temporary contract with my old job in UCC, from basically now until about September/October. Sounds like good news, but it's not very well paid and I'm going to be financially screwed over until July, so that will be fun. Gonna have to ask my housemate/landlord can I defer partial payment of my rent til July when I get my first full paycheck. I guess the worst that happens is she says no and kicks me out, but that's hardly gonna benefit her so hopefully it'll be okay.

Other than that, I gave my anxiety a good aul boot up the backside by going to meet the friend I stood up last week, and it was lovely, had a really fun time with him.

So in theory, things are good. In reality, they're a bit stressful. Is life ever not stressful? :roll:

Good luck with the job and everything! Well done on your anxiety, that is very good :).

Do we wish you a Happy King's Day?  :smile:

No, I don't think people normally say that, but you can if you want :):friends0:.

I'm avoiding doing my law revision  :hide: (Although to be fair, I have done quite a lot of revision this week, and I'm spending a whole afternoon on oceanography with my friends tomorrow- fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon!) It's also been a nice week, too. Had an unexpected surprise this afternoon. One of my flatmates had to leave early in March due to severe glandular fever that he had for months, and he came back to visit everyone today and is here until Tuesday! He gave all of us ladies in the flat flowers, too, which was lovely, and he's a lot healthier now. The weather's also been beautiful up until today, so for the last few days, my friends and I have been having fun in the evening sun (although some of us sat on the rocks with our feet in the water the other day... let's just say we couldn't feel our feet for ages as it was so cold!).

Hey, nice to see you :006:! I'm glad you're doing okay :)

Busy weekend ahead, 3 football matches this morning, one scouting for new players, one watching youngest son play and one watching eldest son referee.. Then shopping to buy track spikes for youngest son, then if time we will go to see the new Marvels film.

Tomorrow will be athletics all day with youngest son for his first Quadkids competition, all outdoor with no shelter so praying the forecast improves! Then hopefully home in time for the big match.. Arsenal v Chelsea.. Come on the Blues!!!! :) :)

I hope it all goes well :)

Looks like it's going to be a stay indoors sort of day today, as it's raining and dark outside at the moment, so I'm going to have another book day! :D  Will need to go out to the shops later on, but other than that I don't have anything planned, so I'm going to try and finish Northanger Abbey and then try and catch up on reviews.  My kind of Sunday. :yes:

I hope you enjoy your book :)!

I've got quite a few things to do today and I feel stressed out. I hope I can relax later today though with a nice book.

Edited by Athena

Not much going on here today. I had wanted to go to church but ds didn't come home and my cousin is out of town. I'm not use to not being able to get up and go whenever I wanted to. I try not to let it bother me but sometimes it does. Unfortunately I'm a few miles away from the closest bus stop so that's out of the question.

Not sure what to do around the house maybe a little work on a new tile I started last week and of course the buttload of videos I need to finish before taking them back to the library. I also need to find something to do for dinner, maybe a salad...

Have a great day all!

I hope you had a nice day, Virginia :).

Today it's King's Day here. Yesterday there were a lot of helicopters flying over our house, I wonder if that was in preparation for it. So far it's relatively quiet, but it's only 10:15. I expect it will get a lot noisier later on today. I'll be phoning with my sister soon, and spend some time with my parents and my boyfriend. I also hope to do some browsing of the forum, social media and emails etc., and to do some reading.

Just got home after a long day at work, but at least it was a productive day, so it was worth the long hours.  Won't have time to do much else this evening, other than catching up here.  The only thing wrong is I'm suffering from hiccups at the moment! :D

Hi all!

Remember my stint working at amazon.com? About a week and a half ago I got a telephone call right out of the blue. It was from a team leader at amazon. He, (Gerald) and I would talk during the few minutes before shift or when I had to leave early because of my ankle. He hadn't been aware that I had left (people come, people go). Gerald told me that while he was at church one night he and his cousin were talking about work. His cousin said he was looking for someone to work in the mail room at a prestigious law firm. Gerald said that right off the top of his head he thought of me. He went to work the next day only to find that I was no longer there so he tracked down my number and called me and told me that he had recommended me for this job. I was truly touched! He gave me his cousin's number and I called. He asked me to send him my resume so I got a fire under my butt and redid what I had been putting off. I sent it to him and he was impressed. Well I didn't hear from anyone for almost a week. I figured that they found someone better suited.

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I got an email from HIS supervisor! She saw my resume and wanted to meet with me. Today. I got myself together, outfit, shoes, purse, etc. By 2:45 I was sitting in this lovely office waiting to be interviewed. It went really well. I was impressed by the company and I think she was impressed by me. It ran about 45 minutes and we talked about everything.

I'd love to work there. Its downtown in the center of everything, there's even a museum right beside it. I would be required to go to the courthouse, set up for mediations and other activities and functions that take place in law firms. The job requires the ability to multitask and to be constantly on the go. I'm so excited! I really want this job. She said she had one person to interview tomorrow and I will know definately by Friday. She is really friendly with the guy (Lorenzo) and trusts his judgement. Lorenzo trusts his cousin Gerald implicitely and feels that if Gerald recommended me than that was good enough for him.

Wish me luck, good wishes, etc!

Virginia, I'm sending you many good wishes and I hope you get that job :)!

Yesterday I was having a massive headache, so I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening in bed. Gladly today it seems a bit better. I have a phone appointment with my psychiatrist later today.

Wednesday is almost done and it's downhill all the way to the weekend now! :D Not been too bad this week, but a long day on Monday, learning something new yesterday, and a pretty full day today mean I'm looking forward to the bank holiday and a nice long break.  :D

Anyone know what an Annotated Bibliography is?  Ya well, I do too and have to do one for school, which I am miserable about.  I think I might even fail the lab that is attached to the class over it :(  My paper is on the cost of going to college/ university (if anyone has anything to add, PM me, I am interested how other countries handle their University costs). 

They are having a talent show at work in June which both staff and clients have been invited to take part in, so thinking it would be a really good laugh I decided to enter with Coran (my husband, even though he doesn't work there) doing what we have decided to call the mop and bucket dance. The first rehearsal was yesterday afternoon and it was brilliant - we bought the house down and the clients haven't stopped talking about it all day !  :smile:  

Ann, I feel for you. I'm an English major (3 credits to go) with a minor in History. Yes, I DO know what you're going through. It sucks all the enjoyment of writing the actual paper (that's if you actually enjoy the subject). Have you used the Purdue OWL? Here's the link. I've found it very useful. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/03/

I've been puttering around the house getting things ready for my grands. They'll be coming in tonight for a long weekend visit. I've missed them SO much! I also went into the shed and brought out three boxes of books. Opening them up was like opening the door to my best friends!