Your Book Activity - April 2015

frankie

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still reading Empire of the Sun. I just don't feel like I have enough time to read lately. I don't know why, as nothing much has changed. Maybe the nicer weather is making me want to stay outdoors. :dunno:

You could read outside? I hope you'll have more time to read soon.

I did not read yesterday, which is bad, because I'm going to lose my copy of Yesterday's Gone Season 3 tomorrow, and I'm just under halfway through. Hopefully I'll manage it!

Good luck, I really hope you will manage it!

Took my Kindle out with me today, so I just thought I'd read an M. C. Beaton book, Lessons in Love, as I know it'll be a quick, easy read, and a complete contrast to The World That Was Ours.  I'm about half way through both books now … hoping to finish both this weekend. :)

Took my Kindle out with me today, so I just thought I'd read an M. C. Beaton book, Lessons in Love

I know the song :D

.. as I know it'll be a quick, easy read, and a complete contrast to The World That Was Ours.  I'm about half way through both books now … hoping to finish both this weekend. :)

Hope you have a lovely reading weekend Claire :)

I've just started A Month in the Country by J.L. Carr .. think I'm going to enjoy it :) 

I did not read yesterday, which is bad, because I'm going to lose my copy of Yesterday's Gone Season 3 tomorrow, and I'm just under halfway through. Hopefully I'll manage it!

I wonder if I can re-loan it to you.  I'd hate to have you pay for it, if I have it for free.  Can't wait to get your take on the end!  They should give it to you in my time zone, it'd give you an extra, what, 7-8 hours?? :giggle2:

I just started reading A Time to Kill by John Grisham today. Not very far along, so no real opinion of it yet.

Well, you just wait lol  Although, you made it through the first page!

I'm now 16% into World Without End... That'd be page 163 :lol: out of 1088.  Looking forward to some 50 page and less stories for next read a thon, as I think this epic is going to take most of the month!  That's ok though, I've sorta resigned myself into making this WWE month for me :readingtwo:

I wonder if I can re-loan it to you.  I'd hate to have you pay for it, if I have it for free.  Can't wait to get your take on the end!  They should give it to you in my time zone, it'd give you an extra, what, 7-8 hours?? :giggle2:

Well, you just wait lol  Although, you made it through the first page!

I'm now 16% into World Without End... That'd be page 163 :lol: out of 1088.  Looking forward to some 50 page and less stories for next read a thon, as I think this epic is going to take most of the month!  That's ok though, I've sorta resigned myself into making this WWE month for me :readingtwo:

Yeah I made it through the first five or so before going for breakfast and then wasting time on the internet :lol: but there is already some pretty umm.... not sure the right adjective for it.. gross? weird? stuff. 

Fairly sure it can only be loaned once. And it ain't getting read, I have gotten WAY too caught up in my rewatch of Once Upon a Time. However, I have money again now (to an extent), so I'm going to buy it :)

No books today. Today, tv.

You could read outside? I hope you'll have more time to read soon.

We don't have the best garden, and as silly as it sounds I can't get comfortable enough out there to read, as it's in a perpetual state of renovation.  :giggle2: And if we are out somewhere else - like at the beach - then I can't concentrate as there are too many people around. :doh: I'm sure I'll find more time - I just have to prioritise a bit better. :smile:

Having said I had no time to read, I stayed up til 2am last night to finish The Rosie Project! :o

Not done that with a book for bloody ages. It felt great. Although less great when my alarm went off at 7am.

Have the sequel but want to savour it, so now starting The Man in the High Castle by Philip K Dick. :)

Edited by Alexi

Fairly sure it can only be loaned once. And it ain't getting read, I have gotten WAY too caught up in my rewatch of Once Upon a Time. However, I have money again now (to an extent), so I'm going to buy it :)

No books today. Today, tv.

Ya me too, unfortunately.  Well, I still look forward to you getting to the end.  I've never watched Once Upon a Time, but I think if I watched more TV, I would like it.  I had a 1/2 film, 1/2 reading day yesterday, so I get it :)

so now starting The Man in the High Castle by Philip K Dick. :)

I hope you like it.  I liked the world Dick created and have A LOT more stuff by him in my Samples.  Really interesting plots.  After I read the book, I Wiki'd it, just to get the symbolism I had missed... the "story within a story" part of the Wiki entry was really cool.  I hope to get to at least one more, if not two or three more of his works this year.

Having said I had no time to read, I stayed up til 2am last night to finish The Rosie Project! :o

Not done that with a book for bloody ages. It felt great. Although less great when my alarm went off at 7am.

Have the sequel but want to savour it, so now starting The Man in the High Castle by Philip K Dick. :)

I'm glad you liked it! I had some of the same feelings while reading it, but I was able to resist and go to sleep. Those late nights and early mornings due to books are so bittersweet :lol:

I really want to read The Man in the High Castle sometime soon! 

I finished Lessons in Love last night … another quick, easy read from M. C. Beaton, good fun with a bit of murder thrown in for a change! :D

Hoping to settle down with The World That Was Ours today.  I've got about 150 pages left to go.  Will probably go back to the book jar after that for my next read. :)

Awwww :wub: I'm so glad to hear this! :) 

I'm on page 312 of Black Dog and I really want to get a move on and finish this novel. I want to know what's up! 

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far, it does seem like an epic story! I hope to read Pillars of the Earth this year. 

We don't have the best garden, and as silly as it sounds I can't get comfortable enough out there to read, as it's in a perpetual state of renovation.  :giggle2: And if we are out somewhere else - like at the beach - then I can't concentrate as there are too many people around. :doh: I'm sure I'll find more time - I just have to prioritise a bit better. :smile:

That makes a lot of sense, I hope you'll find more time at a later "time" :).

I'm so glad you enjoyed this book!

I read a lot yesterday and this morning in Penny Vincenzi - A Perfect Heritage and am now on page 440 out of 753. The first day or two days I didn't read much in it, but I read a lot yesterday so I made some great progress. I sometimes did have to stop to process the book (because there are quite a few characters in it), but I am enjoying it overall (though I don't think it'll be a 10 / 10 read, it's enjoyable but not brilliant.).

My reading mojo is kinda good lately! I finished Kyle Kirklands Containment (yawn), and read Heinleins Tunnel in the Sky, finished Allegiant, started Insurgent and bought Anne Rice's Violin for 80 cents at a thrift store and started that one.

Also, sick of the fluffy cute books, started reading Meat by Joseph D'Lacey. Oh yes, creepy and disgusting.

Edited by Felidae

Wait, why are you reading Allegiant before Insurgent? I'm confused as Insurgent is book 2 and Allegiant book 3..

I haven't heard of Violin but I liked some of the Vampire Chronicles books. I hope you enjoy it!

Read a bit more of Holly Black's White Cat today, plan to get at least halfway through by tonight. Still watching lots of tv, but need to make sure I don't slip out of reading completely. Still have a review to write from during the week, too.

Also, started browsing Goodreads suggestions based on books I've read and I've added 9 new YA books to my wishlist, plus another that was mentioned on Twitter. Whoops :roll:

Am enjoying The Moon Field, a book set around the time of WWI, one of my favourite eras for books.. A complete change from the magical world of Half Wild. I like to vary my books so I don't read anything too similar one after the other, does anyone else like to do that? :)

Am enjoying The Moon Field, a book set around the time of WWI, one of my favourite eras for books.. A complete change from the magical world of Half Wild. I like to vary my books so I don't read anything too similar one after the other, does anyone else like to do that? :)

Depends on my mood.  Sometimes I just want to indulge in one genre, or one writer or a particular series, and other times I want to chop and change all over the place!

Finished the compelling The World That Was Ours this morning, and the Jar of Destiny has selected another E. H. Young book for me next, called The Curate's Wife, so I've been reading that this afternoon. :)

I like to vary my books so I don't read anything too similar one after the other, does anyone else like to do that? :)

I do,otherwise the novelty of a particular world or style can wear thin. :smile:

I'm hoping to finish Empire of the Sun tonight. According to Kindle I have 48 minutes till the end of the book. I tried to read some earlier, but ended up falling asleep on the sofa. :doh: