New Dr Seuss book to be published in July

chesilbeach

I'm sure this news will delight a lot of fans of this popular children's book author.  More details at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11421532/Long-lost-Dr-Seuss-book-to-be-published-in-July.html

I've never actually read any of his books.  I think we've had a discussion about his work before on the forum, but I don't even remember seeing them when I was a child, and later on when I found out about them, I always assumed they were more popular in American than here.

I remember reading The Cat in The Hat and Green Eggs and Ham (my favourite  :smile:) when I was in primary school. Those books are almost the only books that I still remember reading with pleasure, when I was around 8 or 9 years old.

They're huge here too and I'm in NZ. I've read them all to my three children, along with The Berenstain Bears and others in the series by the same publishers. Dr Seuss had a wonderful way with words and rhyme, I know some of them almost off by heart.

Edited by poppy

I didn't read any of them as a child but did see the animations occasionally .. remember the green eggs and ham one. I think it went over my head a bit  :blush2: 

I haven't read How the Grinch Stole Christmas but I love the Jim Carrey film .. always watch it at Christmas. 

Edited by poppyshake