Your Book Activity - February 2015

chesilbeach

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now started No One Gets Out Alive by Adam Nevill. Early days, but it has already spooked me a bit.

I also bought Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut which was today's Kindle Daily Deal.

Me too  :smile:   I also got Empires of the Sea: The Final Battle for the Mediterranean, 1521-1580 by Roger Crowley in the Daily Deal.  For £1.19 I figured why not?  :smile:

I loved Slaughterhouse-Five, I can't wait to hear what you think about it! :smile2: Ditto to Karsa on that note!

Ditto what Frankie said to both people! :lol:

I've also added that Adam Nevill book to my wishlist. Because I'm incapable of seeing a book title and NOT adding it :roll:

Thanks for all the well wishes :) I'm marginally better today so have started Middlemarch, but energy levels are still hovering somewhere near zero so it's in very short bursts!

Glad you're starting to feel a bit better :)

I finished The Giver today, thoroughly enjoyed it, review in my thread.

Starting Can Anybody Help Me? by Sinead Crowley.

Started today :)

Orwell.jpg

Ooh, I really hope you enjoy it, Melodious.  I read it when I was a teenager, and it's still right up there with my favourite books ever.

:I-Agree:with that wholeheartedly!! 

Yeah I must actually read more Vonnegut, although after reading Slaughterhouse I got 'So it goes.' tattooed on my foot so god only knows what I'll do to myself if I read more of his stuff :lol:

Awesome :)

I've read Breakfast of Champions and Mother Night and would recommend either of them.

Glad to hear you're starting to feel a bit better, Alexi  :empathy:   I can't decide whether to start Middlemarch next, or try and sneak in a quick read first … if I go to the jar, it might give me something like Barchester Towers, which wouldn't exactly be a quick read! :D

That was my dilemma so I went straight in for fear of landing Les Miserables :giggle2:

I haven't read any Vonnegut yet but always feel I should remedy that - have Slaughterhouse Five on the TBR and in the box of destiny!

I'm currently reading Francine Oomen and Annet Schaap - Hoe Overleef Ik... 10: Hoe Overleef Ik Met / Zonder Vrienden? (the library didn't have book 9 in stock), which is nice but I missed out on a few things not reading book 9 and it's getting a little bit samey. After reading books 10 and 11 (library loans) I plan to read some other books that I've borrowed from the library. I'm thinking one of the English books, since I've read a lot of Dutch lately.

Hope you are enjoying it, Kylie.

Slow progress with No One Gets Out Alive by Adam Nevill. I'm not liking many of the characters. Well.....actually, they are not supposed to be likeable in any way, but I guess I'm not finding them very realistic.

I've got a four day weekend, so I hope to get further into it. I finding reading it as a tree-book is also slowing me down. It's a reasonably thick book and I find it awkward to hold. :blush2:

My reading mojo is in a slump at the moment  :catsick: . After reading The Giver, I can't seem to get any enthusiasm to get back of my other books at the mo.

:hug:

I am 1/2 way through Season Three of the serial, Yesterday's Gone.  Although there are two more Seasons, I think this one will be my last.  Hope to finish up today or tomorrow at the latest!

Edited by Anna Begins