My Penguin

Liz

This is just a silly little thing that I found.

My Penguin is the idea where you buy a Penguin book which has a blank white front cover so that you can then design your own cover for it. If you wish to, you can then send a picture of your unique book cover to the My Penguin website gallery. I think some of them are quite good, and there are a few which I actually prefer when compared to Penguin's covers.

The website and gallery can be found HERE.

I saw these in a Borders store recently. I was drawn to them in the shop because they were shrink-wrapped and had white covers and a sticker. I think it's an interesting idea but I would never buy one myself. I'm not very artistic and I would never be happy with my work so I'd be afraid to look at it afterwards :) And what if you made a mistake that couldn't be rectified?! It would be ruined!

Ooh, just saw Alice in Wonderland. If I was going to have a go at any of them, Alice would be it. There's so much you could do with that one.

Would you buy one Liz? If so, which would you choose?

I quite like most of the Dorian Gray covers, especially the ones by Nancy Catsiyannis (row 2), Victor Lestat (row 4) and Rob Williams (row 10).

I also like Crime and Punishment by Aurora Zambouni (row 5) and Meditations by Gdoc (row 6).

Some of them are really impressive! :)

If you were good at art, it would make a lovely present for a booklover.. you could buy their favourite book, and give it to them with a unique cover, drawn by you. :lol: (Unfortunately, my unique cover would be a few stick figures! lol)