The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that movie a lot.  Then again, I love Emile Hirsch.

I missed the first 30 minutes or so. I was already going to bed when I caught it and as I'm a true crime buff and it seemed like a true crime movie, I continued watching. What a horrid thing to have happened :( Took me a while to recognize Anton Yelchin. I've seen him in Criminal Minds, where he played a whole different kind of character :D 

Took me a while to recognize Anton Yelchin. I've seen him in Criminal Minds, where he played a whole different kind of character :D

Criminal Minds freaks me out!

I watched the independent, Boyhood today with Patricia Arquette, Ethan Hawke and a jaw dropping performance from Ellar Coltrane.

I watched Into The Woods. It was utterly, utterly bizzare, far too long, unmemorable and yet surprisingly entertaining in an 'at the time' kind of way.

Two men prancing around a waterfall singing 'aagonnnyyy', and a young girl singing very questionably about the things a man-shaped wolf taught her... what on earth. 

Biggest criticism - not nearly enough Johnny Depp.

Naomi Watts and Edward Norton,,, The Painted Veil.

So very good.  Wow.

I'll have to look this up. I like Watts and I thought Norton was fantastic in Birdman. :)

I finally got around to renting Mockingjay part 1 this weekend. It was really well done. I kind of hate when they split a book/movie into 2 parts, though. There's just no truly good leaving off point.

I still haven't watched this yet! I've been on a bit of a YA kick lately, having watched The Maze Runner and Divergent. I was planning on watching The Giver next, but maybe I'll watching Mockingjay first.

I'll have to look this up. I like Watts and I thought Norton was fantastic in Birdman. :)

I still haven't watched this yet! I've been on a bit of a YA kick lately, having watched The Maze Runner and Divergent. I was planning on watching The Giver next, but maybe I'll watching Mockingjay first.

I haven't seen Birdman (yet), but I do look forward to seeing anything with Edward Norton in it.

I read an article with Jeff Bridges about The Giver, I think I'd go with Mockingjay :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/02/jeff-bridges-the-giver-regrets_n_6598966.html

Yesterday I watched Twelve Monkeys, which was really enjoyable :). It was thought-provoking and complicated, though because I had a headache I couldn't think about it as much as I otherwise would have. I found it a great film and I quite enjoyed watching it.

Yesterday I watched Twelve Monkeys, which was really enjoyable :). It was thought-provoking and complicated, though because I had a headache I couldn't think about it as much as I otherwise would have. I found it a great film and I quite enjoyed watching it.

You might find it a movie you keep thinking about... and if you see it a second time, it's even worse- you see all these little things you didn't see before.  Great movie, probably in my top 3.

You might find it a movie you keep thinking about... and if you see it a second time, it's even worse- you see all these little things you didn't see before.  Great movie, probably in my top 3.

I'll have to watch it a second time and find out these things :)!

The Amazing Spider-Man

Although I prefer the Tobey Maguire films, I do like Andrew Garfield in this film and think he puts in a good turn as a contemporary Peter Parker.  Emma Stone is pretty good too, but the film could still use JK Simmons crewing up the scenery occasionally! 

Oh, and worst James Horner score ever.

I watched an adaptation of Persuasion with Sally Hawkins and Rupert Penry-Jones. It was alright, but not a patch on the Amanda Root and Ciarán Hinds version.

I love the Amanda Root/Ciaran Hinds version, Claire :smile2:.  I didn't know they did another but I don't think I'll be seeing it! 

I love the Amanda Root/Ciaran Hinds version, Claire :smile2:.  I didn't know they did another but I don't think I'll be seeing it! 

The strangest things is, it's another BBC adaptation from 2007.  The Amanda Root one was also BBC, but back in 1995, so I'm not really sure why they would bother making another one?  Especially as they made such a great film the first time, it's hard to see why they thought it would be an improvement?

The strangest things is, it's another BBC adaptation from 2007.  The Amanda Root one was also BBC, but back in 1995, so I'm not really sure why they would bother making another one?  Especially as they made such a great film the first time, it's hard to see why they thought it would be an improvement?

I hope they'll give it another go .. I've yet to see the definitive Persuasion :D I did love Amanda .. I thought she was perfect for the part but I didn't like Ciarán as Capt Wentworth and HATED Corin Redgrave and Phoebe Nicholls in their parts. To see the proud Elizabeth lolling about on a sofa stuffing her face was too much for me :D 

12 Monkeys is a very good film. Haven't seen it in a while, and I remember being confused the first time I saw it. It took a while before I understood it a bit better as it's very complex.

I just watched The Fugitive. It's one of those films that I'll watch every few years; I never seem to get sick of it.