Athena's Reading List 2015

Athena

I can't believe they practically FORCED you to take extra books home. :no: You must be devastated. :P

Very :P.

Lovely reviews. :) So glad you enjoyed them all - I know you've really been looking forward to reading the Hamilton so I'm glad you liked it, even if you still prefer his other series. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like The Evolutionary Void wasn't as good as you had hoped!  But I am glad it still turned out ok, even if you liked the other series better.

The Color War was terrible lol  But I still like Plain Truth so am willing to read more of her stuff.

I must read more Jodi Picoult. I've liked what I've read so far, but her books never seem to find the way to the top of my TBR pile. :doh:

I can highly recommend Plain Truth :)  But Gaia has read more Picoult than I have.

I must read more Jodi Picoult. I've liked what I've read so far, but her books never seem to find the way to the top of my TBR pile. :doh:

Which ones have you read so far? 

It sounds like The Evolutionary Void wasn't as good as you had hoped!  But I am glad it still turned out ok, even if you liked the other series better.

The Color War was terrible lol  But I still like Plain Truth so am willing to read more of her stuff.

I can highly recommend Plain Truth :)  But Gaia has read more Picoult than I have.

Yeah, there were some odd bits in there, I couldn't always follow what was going on (maybe I was just too tired :blush2:).

Lol yep, I'd have to say it was one of her less good work! I hope to read Plain Truth maybe later this year, that you liked it, is promising :)!

I've read these ones (in order of reading dates):

Jodi Picoult - My Sister's Keeper

Jodi Picoult - House Rules

Jodi Picoult - Change of Heart

Jodi Picoult - Sing You Home

Jodi Picoult - The Lone Wolf

Jodi Picoult - Leaving Home: Short Pieces

Jodi Picoult - The Storyteller

Jodi Picoult - The Pact

Jodi Picoult - Perfect Match

Jodi Picoult - The Color War

Jodi Picoult - Where There's Smoke

Jodi Picoult - Larger Than Life

Jodi Picoult - Leaving Time

I abandoned Songs of the Humpback Whale many years ago as I couldn't get into it. I've still got some more of her books to read, though :).

EDIT: Wow, I've read more than I thought!

Edited by Athena

Patrick Ness - A Monster Calls

15771083.jpg

Genre: Fantasy

Age-range: Young-Adult

Format: Paperback

Pages: 237

Date read: 20-07-2015

ISBN: 9781406336511

Synopsis (back of the book): Conor has the same dream every night, ever since his mother first fell ill, ever since she started the treatments that don't quite seem to be working. But tonight is different. Tonight, when he wakes, there's a visitor at his window. It's ancient, elemental, a force of nature. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor.

It wants the truth.

My thoughts:

This book has been recommended by several people, so after I abandoned Jenny Colgan - Operation Sunshine and tried to read a few pages in various other books but not really liking them much, I eventually settled on reading A Monster Calls.

Wow, what a story this was! At first I wasn't quite sure what the story would be about, but maybe that's good as that way it surprised me. This was a really impressive, emotional story. The writing style was nice and I liked the characters and the messages behind the book. I wanted to keep on reading it and read it in an afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story, you really feel for Connor as the main character. If this review seems a bit all over the place, that's because I'm still collecting my thoughts on the story. It was very impressive and I enjoyed it a lot.

Rating: (*****) (10/10)

So glad you enjoyed that book, it's an unusual one and very dark and heartwrenching in places.

It is! Thanks :)! I'm glad you (and others) recommended it to me :D.

:giggle:

Poor thing. Stay strong.  ;)

That`s a brilliant book deal.  :smile:

I went to the library sale, I'll post a list and a photo in one of the next few days :). I'm too tired to start to work on it now. But I can say I found some nice books :D.

Patrick Ness - A Monster Calls

15771083.jpg

Age-range: Young-Adult

Pages: 237

Date read: 20-07-2015

ISBN: 9781406336511

Synopsis (back of the book): Conor has the same dream every night, ever since his mother first fell ill, ever since she started the treatments that don't quite seem to be working. But tonight is different. Tonight, when he wakes, there's a visitor at his window. It's ancient, elemental, a force of nature. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor.

It wants the truth.

My thoughts:

This book has been recommended by several people, so after I abandoned Jenny Colgan - Operation Sunshine and tried to read a few pages in various other books but not really liking them much, I eventually settled on reading A Monster Calls.

Wow, what a story this was! At first I wasn't quite sure what the story would be about, but maybe that's good as that way it surprised me. This was a really impressive, emotional story. The writing style was nice and I liked the characters and the messages behind the book. I wanted to keep on reading it and read it in an afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story, you really feel for Connor as the main character. If this review seems a bit all over the place, that's because I'm still collecting my thoughts on the story. It was very impressive and I enjoyed it a lot.

Rating: (*****) (10/10)

Lovely review for a lovely book Gaia, I think it was my first book with that many illustrations and I could appreciate them a bit though I generally prefer a book without. I can't remember, have you read any of the Miss Peregrine books? :)

I`m going to  Kimple your last two books ; I especially like the sound of Where there`s smoke.  :smile: 

EDIT - Turns out I already downloaded that Jodi book when it was a freebie in June 2014 - hurray ! :doh:  :D   

Edited by Little Pixie

Lovely review for a lovely book Gaia, I think it was my first book with that many illustrations and I could appreciate them a bit though I generally prefer a book without. I can't remember, have you read any of the Miss Peregrine books? :)

My book didn't have any illustrations, I'm glad to hear they were great illustrations! I'm a little jaleous, I didn't know there were different editions with illustrations, I would have preferred that. But the story was also good this way :). I have the first book in the series of Miss Peregrine, but I haven't read it yet since I wasn't sure if it would end on a cliffhanger or not. Do you know if I can read the first one without having too big a cliffhanger at the end? I don't do well with big cliffhangers :blush2:. I prefer it when a story ends, or when I can read the next part soon. Are the books a bit similar in style as A Monster Calls?

I`m going to  Kimple your last two books ; I especially like the sound of Where there`s smoke.  :smile: 

EDIT - Turns out I already downloaded that Jodi book when it was a freebie in June 2014 - hurray ! :doh:  :D

Haha, great :D! Though I should say I prefer her full-length novels for the most part. But well, if it was free :D. I'd say it's certainly worth reading, personally :).

Which ones have you read so far?

Oh wow, you've read loads of Picoult! I've only read two, Nineteen Minutes and My Sister's Keeper but I enjoyed them both a lot.

I own The Pact and The Storyteller, so they would be the logical place for me to start.

Oh wow, you've read loads of Picoult! I've only read two, Nineteen Minutes and My Sister's Keeper but I enjoyed them both a lot.

I own The Pact and The Storyteller, so they would be the logical place for me to start.

I hope you enjoy those two :)!

New books!

Library Sale:

Sophie van der Stap - Meisje met Negen Pruiken (I read another book by the author, that was a short autobiographical book, this book is her autobiography).

Phillip C. McGraw - Leer Te Leven: Tien Ondubbelzinnige Levenslessen Voor De Belangrijkste Keuzen In Je Leven (Life Strategies) (I've read other books by the author before and liked them. I do have it on the Kindle in English but I prefer reading a paperbook.)

Marian Keyes - Onder Mijn Dekbed: Persoonlijke verhalen over hoge hakken, reizen, baby's, chocolade, gewichtsverlies, familie, en andere rampen... (Under the Duvet) (I have a couple of books by this author on my TBR)

Jane Green - Zomeravonden (The Beach House) (I've read another book by the author, which I really enjoyed)

Carmen Reid - Annie Valentine 1: De Personal Shopper (The Personal Shopper) (I've got another book by the author on my TBR, a later one in this series)

Chantal van Gastel - Zoek Het Maar Uit: Wishlists, Eerste Liefdes en Tweede Kunsten (I've got another book by the author on my TBR and I've heard good things)

Tess Gerritsen - Rizzoli & Isles 6: The Mephisto Club (my family has recommended this book to me)

Anita Shreve - De Verbintenis: Een Aangrijpende Roman Over Oude Vrienden en Verzwegen Geheimen (A Wedding in December) (I've got a few other books by the author on my TBR)

Susan Stam - Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden: Hilarische en ontroerende feelgood roman over het grillige pad van de liefde... en een soapverslaving (I am not a big fan of the acting in the TV show, this book is about a character who watches the show a lot and sees parallels to her own life. I did like some of the storylines of the show, I just didn't like the acting in it. That said, the show is pretty much what Eastenders is for the United Kingdom, it is very popular.)

Lionel Shriver - We Moeten Het Even Over Kevin Hebben (We Need To Talk About Kevin) (some people on BCF liked this book)

Wally Lamb - Vleugelslag (The Hour I First Believed) (I've heard good things about this author from other people and the synopsis intrigued me.)

Ulf Stark - Ulf en Percy 1: De Wondergympen (Min Vän Percys Magiska Gymnastiksor) (I have read another book by this author that I liked)

Cornelia Funke - Igraine Zondervrees[/b] (Igraine Ohnefurcht) (I have other books by this author on my TBR)

Jill Murphy - De Hopeloze Heks 3: De Hopeloze Heks Zit In De Knoei (Worst Witch 3: A Bad Spell for the Worst Witch) (this seemed like a cute story)

Dolf Verroen and Bouke Oldenhof - De Verdwijntruc (I love some books by Dolf Verroen)

Tais Teng - Wachtwoord Detective: Doelwit Den Haag (I have liked other books by the author, I am unsure if I read this one as a child, though the cover looked familiar)

Tais Teng - Dossier Gesloten: Duizend Eilanden Ver (I have liked other books by the author)

Ton van Reen - Huiveringwekkende Wezens 3: Het Wolfsvel (I've read and liked this book when I was a child, but I didn't have my own copy)

Paul van Loon - Dolfje Weerwolfje 1: Dolfje Weerwolfje (I love some other books by the author and this book was recommended to me by my sister, she read it when she was younger. I am unsure if I ever read it or not (she has a copy somewhere), but in the last library sale I picked up the sequel to this book, so I was happy to have found the first book, I believe my sister doesn't own the sequel.)

Paul van Loon - Meester Kikker (I love this author and my sister liked this book by him, she has her own copy somewhere but now I have my own! I'm pretty sure I've read it when I was younger.)

Paul van Loon, Ruben Prins, Els Rooijers and Haye van der Heyden - Het Geheim van...: Het Geheim Van De Ontsnapte Leeuw (I really like Paul van Loon's books and I've read books by two of the other authors and liked them.)

Francisca van der Steen, Annie M.G. Schmidt, Carry Slee, Hans Hagen, Sjoerd Kuyper and Jacques Vriens - Verhalen Voor Vier Seizoenen (this book contains many stories and poems by a lot of various authors, including some I really like.)

Matthew Skelton - Endymion Spring (Dutch) (my sister recommended this book to me, I believe. I know she has a copy of it somewhere.)

Patrick Lagrou - Body Switch (this synopsis sounded good).

Esther van Lieshout - De Dromers Van Morfhuis (this synopsis sounded good.)

Lydia Rood - AVI 7 Kanjer: Assepoester en Zoon, De Middag van Mimoen, Een Hut Die Kan Drijven (I liked the look of this book)

Garth Nix - De Sleutels van het Koninkrijk 1: Meneer Maandag (The Keys to the Kingdom 1: Mister Monday) (I bought books 2, 3 and 4 in this series in a previous library sale.)

Robin Hobb - Het Rijk van de Ouderlingen: De Thuiskomst (The Realm of the Elderlings: Homecoming) (this will go nicely with my other Robin Hobb books, also I like the cover)

Meredith Ann Pierce - De Vuurbrenger Trilogie 3: De Zoon Van Zomersterren (Firebringer 3: The Son of Summer Stars) (I bought book 1 in this series at the previous library sale)

Chris Wooding - De Wevers van Saramyr / De Heksenmeesters van Saramyr 2: Geheimen Van Saramyr (The Braided Path 2: The Skein of Lament) (I bought book 3 in this series in the previous library sale.)

John Twelve Hawks - Het Vierde Rijk 1: De Reiziger: Een Eeuwenoud Conflict Wordt Uitgevochten in de Schaduwen van Onze Moderne Maatschappij (The Fourth Realm 1: The Traveler) (the synopsis sounded good)

Marion Zimmer Bradley - Darkover 3: Vrouwe Der Stormen (Stormqueen) (I liked another book by the author and have a few of her books on my TBR)

Robert Carter - De Taal der Stenen 2: De Dans van de Reus (The Language of Stones 2: The Giants Dance) (I have books 1 and 3 of this series on my TBR and felt so bad I didn't pick up book 2 during the last library sale. I was confused and thought I had books 1 and 2 and I didn't bother to check. I was therefore very happy to find out it probably wasn't sold during the last sale, so I picked it up now!)

C. S. Friedman - Koudvuur 2: Als De Ware Duisternis Valt (Cold Fire 2: When True Night Falls) (I liked the covers of this book and book 3 in the series. When I started to catalogue the books it turned out I put this series on my 'wishlist' ages ago, but the English covers look totally different so I didn't recognise it)

C. S. Friedman - Koudvuur 3: Kroon Der Schaduwen (Cold Fire 3: Crown of Shadows) (see above)

NewBooksLibrarySale_2015-07-22_0.25.jpg

Pre-ordered and just received:

Rainbow Rowell - Landline (I've read and liked other books by the author)

Ned Vizzini - It's Kind of a Funny Story

248704.jpg

Genre: Contemporary Fiction

Age-range: Young-adult

Pages: 445

Date read: 20-07-2015 <-> 23-07-2015

ISBN: 9780786851973

Synopsis (GoodReads): Ambitious New York City teenager Craig Gilner is determined to succeed at life - which means getting into the right high school to get into the right job. But once Craig aces his way into Manhattan's Executive Pre-Professional High School, the pressure becomes unbearable. He stops eating and sleeping until, one night, he nearly kills himself.

Craig's suicidal episode gets him checked into a mental hospital, where his new neighbors include a transsexual sex addict, a girl who has scarred her own face with scissors, and the self-elected President Armelio. There, Craig is finally able to confront the sources of his anxiety.

Ned Vizzini, who himself spent time in a psychiatric hospital, has created a remarkably moving tale about the sometimes unexpected road to happiness.

My thoughts:

I bought this book last year after I heard some good things about it. I also really like the cover. I wathced a video of someone talking about some of his favourite books. This book was one of them. In this video, the person said the author committed suicide two years ago, some years after this book was published. The author himself spent time at the psychiatric ward. It is so sad the author committed suicide. It does mean he really knew what he was writing about, this is a book about depression, but I find it quite sad that the author felt so bad.

This was an interesting book. It made me think of Myrthe van der Meer - PAAZ 1: PAAZ, which is about a woman who goes to a psychiatric ward, but then in the Netherlands (the author also spent time there). Anyway, I liked the writing style of this book, though there were some slang words I didn't know. I liked the characters, they were interesting. Sometimes the book made me feel sad, it can be a bit depressing to read Craig's thoughts sometimes. The story has some funny bits, too.

It is also an emotional book. I felt for Craig and could relate to some of his thoughts (well, I've been depressed too.). Overall then I liked reading this book. It is sad to think, that some years after the book was published, the author committed suicide, that he didn't beat his depression in the end. This was a thought-provoking book (and knowing that about the author does make a bit of a difference I feel), it makes you think about life.

Rating: (****) (8/10)

My mom watches Dr. Phil (Phillip McGraw) everyday! I've had We Need to Talk About Kevin on my TBR list for years. The movie cover is terrifying :|

Edited by Anna Begins

Ahhh, nice stacks, Gaia! :D 

Good reviews, too.  It is horrible to think that the author could write so insightfully about his depression, but be unable to beat it down.  :(

Great book haul ! I`ve got that John Twelve Hawks book too, and I`ve read Tess Gerritsen`s The Mephisto Club - I thought it was an edge-of-the-seat page turner. Enjoy your books !  :D

Great haul! I have the first two books in C.S. Friedman's Magister trilogy but haven't read them yet. :) Hope you enjoy all your books! (I'm surprised the library has any left.) :D

Thank you :D

My mom watches Dr. Phil (Phillip McGraw) everyday! I've had We Need to Talk About Kevin on my TBR list for years. The movie cover is terrifying :|

Thanks :D! I hope the book will be good and not too terrifying. Have you seen the movie? 

Ahhh, nice stacks, Gaia! :D 

Good reviews, too.  It is horrible to think that the author could write so insightfully about his depression, but be unable to beat it down.  :(

Thank you :D!

So I went to the library last Saturday, and the sale was still going on (it should). But I was very surprised that they had some new things there, so naturally I had a quick look around. My boyfriend managed to find a DVD and a video game, so naturally I picked up a few books (since they have a deal where you get 6 items for 5 euros, or otherwise 1 euro per item). I also picked up a magazine package, I got ~8? magazines counting as one item :). Of course, I loaned a lot of books, too. They didn't have as much as usually, I think because of the holidays. And by high exception, when the machine printed my receipt, it said I could have the books for 4 weeks instead of the usual 3, I think also because of the holidays (it makes me wish I borrowed a few more things :giggle2:). It's a shame they didn't have much of the authors I was looking for, but I did manage to find some things that looked entertaining enough. About half of them are books for younger children, so I doubt they will be that memorable 5 years from now, but it should be good read-a-thon material and they are in English which is pretty rare for here. I did find a Dutch omnibus of the first two books of the Ranger's Apprentice books, I have already read book 1 so I will just be reading book 2.

Library Sale:

DVD: Kick-Ass

Video Game: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

Magazines: Power Unlimited Magazine Package (these are games magazines, I am not as keen on them as on other game magazines but for this price it'll be nice to flick through them and read the articles.)

Books:

Tais Teng - De Zoon van de Slang

Bies van Ede - Het Duivelsbeeld

Ricardo Pinto - De Uitverkorene 1: De Terugkeer (The Stone Dance of the Chameleon 1: The Chosen)

Library Loans:

John Flanagan - De Grijze Jager 1-2: De Ruïnes van Gorlan, De Brandende Brug (Ranger's Apprentice 1-2: The Ruins of Gorlan, The Burning Bridge)

Jaclyn Moriarty - Vlinders & Vriendinnen (Ashbury / Brookfield 1: Feeling Sorry for Celia)

Jaclyn Moriarty - 3 Meiden & de Liefde (Ashbury / Brookfield 2: Finding Cassie Crazy)

Jaclyn Moriarty - Het Ongelofelijke Schooljaar van Scarlett M. (Ashbury / Brookfield 3: Becoming Bindy Mackenzie)

Alice Pantermüller and Daniela Kohl - De Knotsgekke Wereld van Lotte Wirwar 1: Wat een Beestenboel! (Mein Lotta-Leben 1: Alles Voller Kaninchen)

Jeff Kinney - Het Leven van een Loser 7: Zwaar de Klos (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 7: The Third Wheel)

Tim Collins - Nurdius Maximus 1: Het Dagboek van Nurdius Maximus (Dorkius Maximus 1: Diary of Dorkius Maximus)

Tim Collins - Nurdius Maximus 2: Het Dagboek van Nurdius Maximus in Egypte (Dorkius Maximus 2: Diary of Dorkius Maximus in Egypt)

Tim Collins - Nurdius Maximus 3: Het Dagboek van Nurdius Maximus in Pompeï (Dorkius Maximus 3: Diary of Dorkius Maximus in Pompeii)

Geronimo Stilton - De Reis om de Wereld in 80 Dagen (Il Giro del Mondo in 80 Giorni)

Geronimo Stilton - Superhelden 3: De Aanval van de Krekelwroeters (Supereroi 3: L'Assalto dei Grillitalpa)

Jeanne Willis (ill. Jim Field) - SuperCat 2: SuperCat vs the Party Pooper

Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre - Cakes in Space

Kate Pankhurst - Mariella Mystery 5: Mariella Mystery Investigates the Spaghetti Yeti

Sally Gardner (ill. David Roberts) - Wings & Co 1: Operation Bunny

Jeremy Strong - The Hundred-Mile-An-Hour-Dog 1: Lost! The Hundred-Mile-An-Hour-Dog

Jeremy Strong - Cows, Chickens, Aliens And ... Orang-utans?! 3: Batpants!

Meg Cabot - Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls 1: Moving Day

Garth Nix - One Beastly Beast: Two Aliens, Three Inventors, Four Fantastic Tales

Jamie Rix - Grizzly Tales 1: Nasty Little Beasts: Cautionary Tales for Lovers of SQUEAM

Rory Growler - Me & My Monsters 4: Monster School!

Adny Stanton (ill. David Tazzyman) - Mr. Gum 7: Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree

Margaret Mahy (ill. Tony Ross) - Tale of a Tail

NewBooksLibrarySaleLibraryLoansSpines_0.25.png

NewBooksLibrarySaleCovers.jpg

NewLibraryLoans1Covers.jpg

NewLibraryLoans2Covers.jpg

Aw, lovely books.  :D

Gaia, how do you upload your photos so you get a clicky thumbnail ? I use photobucket to upload my pics, then have to paste in a http thing for a full size photo ( unless I`m doing it wrong ? )  :smile:

I'm uploading them directly to the forum. Underneath the post box (when you have clicked on 'More Reply Options' first, at the bottom of the thread you want to reply to), there should be some text saying 'Attach Files' and underneath it a button with 'Choose Files', next to a big paperclip:

Like this:

Attach Files

Choose Files... (this is the button you can click) Max. single file size: 16MB

Trouble uploading? Try our basic uploader

Then I click on the button and say which images I want to upload.

Aw, lovely books.  :D

Gaia, how do you upload your photos so you get a clicky thumbnail ? I use photobucket to upload my pics, then have to paste in a http thing for a full size photo ( unless I`m doing it wrong ? )  :smile:

I'm uploading them directly to the forum. Underneath the post box (when you have clicked on 'More Reply Options' first, at the bottom of the thread you want to reply to), there should be some text saying 'Attach Files' and underneath it a button with 'Choose Files', next to a big paperclip:

Like this:

Here is -             Attach Files

The Image -       Choose Files... (this is the button you can click) Max. single file size: 16MB

Of a Paperclip - Trouble uploading? Try our basic uploader

Then I click on the button and say which images I want to upload. Does this help? If not I will take a screenshot and show you what it looks like :).

John Flanagan - De Grijze Jager 2: De Brandende Brug (Ranger's Apprentice 2: The Burning Bridge)

8164920.jpg

(note: this image is for the omnibus edition, which I am reading. It's called John Flanagan - De Grijze Jager 1-2: De Ruïnes van Gorlan, De Brandende Brug (Ranger's Apprentice 1-2: The Ruins of Gorlan, The Burning Bridge) and contains books 1 and 2 of the series.)

Age-range: Children

Format: Hardback (Library Loan)

Pages: 282

Date read: 26-07-2015 <-> 27-07-2015

ISBN: 9789025748043 (of the omnibus edition)

Synopsis: (no synopsis because it's book two in a series)

My thoughts:

I had read all of the Ranger's Apprentice books (currently out) except books 2 and 6. The English ones I still haven't seen at the library (I read all the other ones in English), but I managed to find this Dutch omnibus of the first two books. I liked the Dutch translations of the first four Brotherband books I read (I haven't read book 5) and I was eager to read book 2 of the Ranger's Apprentice series (and also 6, when it shows up...), so I borrowed this omnibus. It is weird to start reading a book in the middle! I read book 1 a few months ago, in May, in English, so that was too short ago for me to re-read it now.

It was nice to read this part of the story. The translation is quite good, though it was a bit different to read this book in Dutch, because I've read the others in English (except 6, I haven't read that one yet). A few of the character and place names have been changed, to sound more Dutch and less English (I think). I liked the writing style of the story.

I liked the characters and it was nice to see more of Gilan in this book. Halt didn't play as much of a role in this book as in some of the toher books, which was a bit of a shame because I like him.

It was nice to read this book and kind of complete another part of the overall story line. The story doesn't completely end but it leads into book 3. It is a good part though in the story, to end book 2 there, so I can't fault the book that.

A few sections dragged a little bit, but some sections were very suspenseful and I really enjoyed reading these. I did know in rough lines what would happen in this book, because it's referred to in the later books, which maybe made me enjoy the book a little bit less. It was great to read this part of the storyline and know in more detail what happened. I particularly liked a scene near the end.

Overall then I enjoyed reading this book. It was nice to have read this part of the storyline. I've only got book 6 to read now, hopefully it will show up some time at the library when I'm there. I liked book 2, but not as much as some of the other books, such as book 1 or some of the later ones.

Rating: (****) (8/10)