Sarah Pinborough

Michelle

Has anyone come across this author, especially in the US? Her site is http://www.sarahpinborough.com/ She lives in the UK, and the book I'm reading, The Taken, is set in the UK.. and yet her books have apparently been far more popular in America.

It's pretty traditional horror, alongthe lines of Richard Laymon, but much better done. It's creepy, is building suspense nicely, and the descriptions are explicit, without going too far.

I picked up her book because I'm going to interview her, and so far it's proving a good move. So has anyone else read her books?

I enjoyed The Taken.. I got so fed up with horror stories that just have gore and sex, and not much story, but this has a decent storyline, some scenes are a little explicit, but appropriately, and surprisingly, there was just one sex scene.

• 9 months later...

I loved this book, I thought it was really good. The suspense really builds throughout the book, I couldn't work out the ending at all and thought it was a brilliant ending. At least it wasn't all a dream :cry2: The only slight critisism I have is that its obvously written for the yanks, and some of the use of language spoilt it a bit, but all in all a brilliant story and a good read. Quite scary in places so not one for those of a nervous disposition really :) 9 out of 10