Sue Townsend passes away

sadya

Such sad news :(  I grew up reading the Adrian Mole diaries, and then at a later age found out about Adrian's later diaries, and then other novels Townsend has written. She is one of the two or three authors whose books have never disappointed me. I've liked them all.

She was way too young to die :( May she rest in peace.

She was one of the writers that kept me reading as a teenager - I wasn't quite 13 3/4 in 1982, but I wasn't far off, so I really identified with Adrian Mole.

I was surprised to read this last night, but I know she hasn't been in the best of shape for a while now.

Adrian Mole was one of the first books I read.  I have a feeling it will have dated badly, but I've been thinking about re-reading it for a while now. 

I was surprised to read this last night, but I know she hasn't been in the best of shape for a while now.

Adrian Mole was one of the first books I read.  I have a feeling it will have dated badly, but I've been thinking about re-reading it for a while now. 

I hope you will reread it. When I reread it, it was for my children. I wanted them to get to know some of her work and in the process I rediscovered the books myself. They were still very readable, if that is a word, I even understood jokes and parts which I didn't notice so many years ago, when a younger me first saw them in the library. There is always something nice to discover and rediscover in the Adrian Mole series for every age and time. Wishing you a happy experience rereading if you decide to do it. :)

Edited by sadya