Your Book Activity - February 2014

Janet

Hi, Ele!  Both books sound good.  I have the McCarthy on the shelf TBR.  Looking forward to hearing what you think of it. :)  LOL re Nicholson!

I'm reading The Intercept by Dick Wolf and Nine and A Half Weeks by Elizabeth McNeill. 

Edited by pontalba

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Go Ask Alice I DO NOT agree with "banning" any book, but I can see why this one was.  Although the people banning the book always seem to miss the actual message.  This is a harsh diary entry filled account (some say fictionist) of a 15 year olds struggle with High School and boys but mostly with hard drugs and bullies.  It's author is listed only as Anonymous.

And now for something completely different, I just started the kindle sample for Alison Weir's Elizabeth of York: A Tudor Queen And Her World. I've been waiting while for it, although it came out only last December, I heard about it awhile longer. 

Makes me happy for my Kindle... if I take it on, its a 600pager.  From Weir.  It will take me into March, I'm sure.

I finished The Intercept, review on my book thread.  Good stuff. :)

I've put Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil aside for a bit, I'm about a hundred pages in, and while it's interesting, it isn't what I thought it would be.  So, I've switched to The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley.  The latest Flavia de Luce. :)  Good, so far!

Struggling a bit with The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan. It's an easy enough read, but I'm trying to find out what the main story or thread is.

x

I added it to my wishlist ages ago, I look forward to read your review once it's done. I hope the plot becomes more clear :).

I've almost finished reading Veronica Roth - Divergent 2: Insurgent, it's pretty tense so I look forward to see what's going to happen.

Edited by Athena

x

I added it to my wishlist ages ago, I look forward to read your review once it's done. I hope the plot becomes more clear :).

It has now, I think I just needed to be patient. :D

I'm just starting Dracula by Bram Stoker.

Ooh, hope you enjoy it. I read it earlier in the year and was very impressed. :readingtwo:

Two new books today, a belated birthday present. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult and Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. I always enjoy Picoult novels, and I've heard lots of goo things about Rowell so I'm looking forward to them.

Interested to hear what you ultimately think of Attachments, as I've heard good things about that author too and have a couple of her books on my TBR.

Think I'm going to make a start on A Monster Calls, but I won't read it at work as tissues may be required, from what I hear. :blink:

Finished A Monster Calls last night. I must be a hard cow because it didn't have the emotional impact on me that it seemed to have on others. It was sad, but I didn't need tissues. :hide:

I only teared up a little when I read it, I don't really cry at books, but it's still one of my favourite stories. I hope you enjoyed it, though.

I haven't been reading much the last few days because I'm bold, and have been playing video games and watching lots of Star Trek The Next Generation! Must get back into reading, though. :giggle:

I just finished the latest Flavia de Luce story.  The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley.  Good stuff.  Leading our Flavia in new directions.  Review over yonder. :)

I just finished McCarthy's All the Pretty Horses and I can't stop whispering to myself "wow". Wonderful book!! Pontalba, my dear, you should definitely give it a try ;)

Oh!  Thanks, that will move it way up in my list!  :D

I've picked up Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and am now about halfway through.  Getting better, not so episodic. 

I only teared up a little when I read it, I don't really cry at books, but it's still one of my favourite stories. I hope you enjoyed it, though.

Oh, good! I feel better knowing I'm not the only one! :smile:

I'll most likely finish The Earth Hums in B Flat tonight. Feel like I've been reading loads lately. :boogie: