The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive just finished watching Stephen Kings The Stand, took me a couple of days to watch as it was on for 5 1/2 hours but it was enjoyable, stuck pretty much to the book.

It was fun, but even at that length they still had to cut loads out, and unfortunately it was most of the character building stuff. I think a decent adaptation would need 12-13 hours. 

The Stephen King cameo was funny though :)

I love that film!! That final scene when Steve Carrell just looks up at the camera and... well, I won't spoil the surprise for everyone else, but it kills me every time! Just so funny!

I'm a massive Carrell fan though so I love everything he's in.

Yep, Carell is amazing :wub: I still have a lot of his movies to watch, I can't wait to see them all :)

Movie 43, i was in stitches with Hugh Jackman and his testicles on his neck

Totally intrigued!  Have to see this now :D

"The Wolf of Wall Street". I love Scorsese and I liked this film altough 3 hours maybe are a little too much. Great music, great editing, and a film that makes you think about the horrible people that exists in this world...

I really would like to see this, but the running time does put me off a bit.  I struggle with films which are much over a couple of hours.

x

What did you think of this? I saw it some time ago, I thought it was a bit gory in the beginning but otherwise it was a great film with a good story.

Seen it many times. Yes very good film. Both my mum and dad were in that war although not in Normandy. We don't understand nowadays the huge upheaval on people war has. I used to work with this old Ukrainian man who fought for the Germans and was captured in Italy. He was a POW and married an English woman. That was the only thing that saved him from being sent back and shot by the Russians (as per the agreement Churchill made with Stalin) 

We watched The Artist at the weekend, and OH was non-plussed by it (I'd seen it before and thought it was ok), so we then watched another b&w film straight afterwards which was much better - Two Way Stretch with Peter Sellers, Bernard Cribbins, Lionel Jeffries and a whole raft of recognisable faces. Very funny, we both really enjoyed it. :smile2:

It was fun, but even at that length they still had to cut loads out, and unfortunately it was most of the character building stuff. I think a decent adaptation would need 12-13 hours. 

The Stephen King cameo was funny though :)

Definitely a longer adaptation would need done, i just hope Hollywood doesnt spoil it when they do it.  And yes the Stephen King cameo was fun, hes such a bad actor but at least he knows it and has fun about it! :smile:

Game Change (2012) about the Republican campaign in 2008, and how they came to pick Sarah Palin as McCain's running mate - and how it turned into a complete nightmare for them!  Excellent film - Ed Harris, Woody Harrelson and Julianne Moore are riveting.

:lol: it's awful isn't it!

I didn't think it was possible to get worse than A View to a Kill, but at least that made sense (within the confines of the Bond universe).

Dreadful dialogue, terrible action scenes and when Madonna walked on the screen as a fencing instructor I nearly threw something at the TV.

The evening was redeemed by watching Little Voice, afterwards.  A film with a very thin plot, built soley around Jane Horrick's ability to mimic singers of yesteryear, but none the worse for that.

Went to the theater to see Lone Survivor.  Wow.  This movie really p'd me off.  What the h e double toothpicks are we doing over there?  For god's sake.

On a "review"... I'd recommend it.  Actually, the book is supposed to be even better and its on my TBR list.  I had intended on reading it first, but we were afraid it would leave the theater.  Anyway, its amazing anyone survived that at all.  Mark Wahlberg was excellent, as always and Emile Hersch (one of my favorite actors) could've had a better role than the one he was given. As to how I feel about the movie its self... well, see above.  Based on a true story.

I just watched Girls Just Want to Have Fun. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid, I watched it so many times... I've been wanting to see it again for so long! And it was just as good as I remembered and so so nostalgic! :wub:

Edit: And I remembered that I learned from this movie the fact that you don't pronounce the s in Illinois. :D It's funny, the things you remember...

Edited by frankie

I watched Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War last night. It always makes me laugh :smile2:

I love that film too :)

Watched Billy Elliot .. always enjoy it and it's nice now to watch it and know that Jamie Bell did manage to make the leap from child actor to adult actor (so you don't just sit there thinking .. awwww .. I wonder what happened to him/her?) Love the music in particular.