Dan Brown - Digital Fortress

Kell

Author: Dan Brown

ISBN # 0552151696

Publisher: Corgi

1st Published: 1998

Wherever there are codes, there are code-breakers, & to be a good code-breaker, you need to have an understanding of code-writing or cryptography. The NSA employs the best of the best & they have built the ultimate code-breaking machine

• 3 years later...
I can only assume he wears his paunch freakily well and his IQ tips the balance at somewhere around 250.

That made me crack up. :D

I haven't actually read Digital Fortress, it's the only one I don't yet own, but I will get around to it, for consistencey's sake.

It's the first Dan Brown book that I've read. It started very boring with all this computer talk (which I know nothing about) but it got better towards the end.

I definately think that the book could have ended, when the professor guy's almost dead and pulls out the ring. That would have been the perfect ending imo. Why did the book need two (or so) more chapters?

Edited by lopeanha

Yeah it's no problem in this case, as I haven't a clue who you were talking about :) it's just in case you accidentally spoil something, I nearly do it myself sometimes, get carried away discussing and forget maybe some people don't want to know :D

I quite enjoyed Digital Fortress. Dan Brown's books are of the sort that you can pick up, bang through and shut your brain off with. I got a little bored after having read all four with the handsome-intelligent-man-meets-gorgeous-intelligent-woman thing, too, though.

I wish I was the hero in a Dan Brown novel...:D

Actually, I often wish I was the hero in the novels I read. God, I'm pathetic...:)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, moreso than running around looking for long-lost descendents of Jesus - LOL!

I would debate that. :friends0:

Time spent soldering in my entire life: 0

Time spent trying to make sense of jesus: lots

Time spent running: little as possible

Ah, see, I'm the other way round:

Time spent soldering: Quite a bit (I used to be a technician)

Time spent looking for descendents of Christ: Zero

Time spent running: Well, like you, as little as possible, but mostly because I get black eyes when I do! :friends0:

I've read all four (i.e not the new one) all Dan Brown's books, and had much the same reaction to them all. They are all great page turners, difficult to put down; but once I'd finished, I found myself a little dissapointed. In the case of digital fortress I'd guessed the ending and the identity of the "baddie" about a third of the way through.

At least it dosen't have a completely ridiculous ending like Angels & demons!

Ian

Hello Ian, and welcome to the forum! :motz:

I've read all four (i.e not the new one) all Dan Brown's books, and had much the same reaction to them all. They are all great page turners, difficult to put down; but once I'd finished, I found myself a little dissapointed.
This is exactly how I feel about them! They are the junk food meal that's great at the time of eating, but leaves you empty a while later!