Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Raven

I watched Avengers Assemble recently, so decided to give this new series a go. It is a tad box ticking formulaic, but I am in it for Agent Phil Coulson. Love the character, and am suitably intrigued by the "He must never know" aspect to the gap between the film and this series to continue with it.

I went in with low expectations, but was very pleasantly surprised by the first two episodes. I really like the Agent Coulson character, so I shall keep watching

• 1 month later...

How many episodes are we in now?  I still have no idea who they are up against or why!

Although that might work in other shows, this is a superhero spin off and I feel all the cloak and dagger nonsense is being overplayed.  

I think it needs to go back to basics and have a clear enemy front and centre.

I did like last weeks episode though . . .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Still watching this.  The last few episodes have been pretty decent.  It's not great, but I think it's improved and I'm quite enjoying it now.

ETA:

Bill Paxton!  Game over, man, game over! :giggle2: 

Edited by Karsa Orlong

I've stuck with it, and have enjoyed each episode (some more than others). It has developed pretty well and has a clearer 'baddie', and the continuing reveal of what has happened to Coulson has been intriguing. Happy to carry on with it. :smile:

I'm still watching, as well.  To echo what others have said, the episodes C4 have shown since their mid-season break have been better.  It helps that the characters are showing some signs of development and they have had some good guest actors as well. 

I want to see Captain America TWS before too long, because I think events in that are going to influence how this series develops.

It certainly seems to have improved since the mid-series break. I almost gave up on it just before that, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I loved the ending to series, the last 5 episodes or so really stepped it up and the finale was brilliant. Felt very Whedon-esque with a brilliant blend of comedy and heart.

Such a great turn around from the disappointing first half.

Am I right in thinking there is no more SHIELD related TV or films until Avengers 2?

That's not out until April next year, I would assume that Agents of Shield will be returning to TV in the autumn(?).

The last half of the series was certainly better than the first, almost to the point of being a completely different show.  I'm looking forward to seeing what season two brings.

That's not out until April next year, I would assume that Agents of Shield will be returning to TV in the autumn(?).

The last half of the series was certainly better than the first, almost to the point of being a completely different show.  I'm looking forward to seeing what season two brings.

Ah that could be the case, I forgot how long ago it was that the series started!

Looking forward to it as well :)