Forgotten Title

I read a book a few years ago, but for the life of me, I cannot remember the title or who wrote it. I do remember the basic plot though and I am hoping someone can help me remember the title. I usually read Brad Thor and Lee Child novels, but I don't believe this is one of theirs.

The protagonist is ex-military (Navy, I think), and at the beginning he picks up an attractive female hitchhiker. As he gets to know her he learns that she has escaped from a sex slavery ring. She lives with him on his boat for a while but is eventually killed. He takes it upon himself to get to the bottom of the whole thing by dressing as a homeless person and taking out members of the organization with a modified .22 caliber handgun, that he converted from a larger caliber.

He lived on an island and would swim for conditioning around the small island. It ends with a boat chase which I remember being significant because of his experience in either the Navy or Coast Guard.

If anyone remembers this novel, please remind me! Thanks!

Tom Clancy, John Kelly (Clark) ,Without Remorse ? Sounds like this one to me.

Lions, Tigers, Bears, Oh my. Anybody got a light?

Husband and wife Doctors, useless sailors, Sandy A Nurse. Emmet Ryan, A police officer. Young Jack.

Dex in a pub.

Edited by dex