Your Book Activity - May 2013

I finished a Murder Of Quality  John Le Carre yesterday, it was a good read & i look forward to reading The Spy Who Came In from The Cold which i bought at the same time. I've started The Pursuit Of Happiness  Douglas Kennedy, my sister asked me to pass it on to her when i'd finished with it & as she's coming to visit in a couple of weeks i thought i better make a start on it.Not sure if i like it yet though.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read Angela's Ashes around 5 years ago. I also thought it very well written.

I just finished listening to Nicholas Sparks' Safe Haven. It was very riveting.  I have started Devil in the White City and am also reading Lady in White for our RL book club. (looks like a theme is going here doesn't it...not on purpose though!)

Still waiting fo Burrough's Dry.. in the meantime I'm reading The lovely bones. I really love it so far.

The Lovely Bones is a great book. I enjoyed it very much even though the subject matter was sad.

Finished The Eyre Affair past night, not really my cup of tea.. too off the wall for me. Need to start The Thread for my book club.

Oh boy :o I'm sorry you didn't like it that much :( Well now you know what the books are like and can move onto other books :)

I started and finished Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock (a re-read) and started All That Remains by Patricia Cornwell (a re-read). I think I actually remember all that I read of it last night in bed, even the victims' names (or most of them, anyways), so I think I gaining some ground with my reading for a change.

No, you don't :). Only The Light Fantastic is a direct sequel of The Colour of Magic. Jingo you should be able to read no problem :).

Great! I seem to be able to follow this book so far.....

I just finished Feast for Crows by R.R. Martin. It was the least enjoyable read of the Game of Thrones series. The first 3 books were much better. I will read the last book in the series but will probably take a little break from his writing beforehand. I started Gone Girl last night.

Yesterday I finished the book Contagious by Scott Sigler. It is actually the 2nd book of his, but it stood alone well. I was looking up podcasts and found that he also has the book in podcast version. But, I had already bought the book at a second hand shop. It's a good book about the invasion of an alien pollen that penitrates the humans and the fight to kill it before it takes control of the Earth.

I enjoyed the read. I love a good SF story.

The Lovely Bones is a great book. I enjoyed it very much even though the subject matter was sad.

Yes, Miss Mabel.. It really is a great book and I loved it really much!! Sad subject, but actual too, unfortunately.

Yes, Miss Mabel.. It really is a great book and I loved it really much!! Sad subject, but actual too, unfortunately.

Have you read the book Room yet? It's also a great read.

Today I ordered 'And The Mountains Echoed' by Khaled Hosseini from the library.  It is due out on the 21st May and I was going to buy it but decided I would prefer to wait for the paperback so it will match my copies of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns.. I'm desperately hoping it will be as good as they were, early reviews have been good.

Today I ordered 'And The Mountains Echoed' by Khaled Hosseini from the library.  It is due out on the 21st May and I was going to buy it but decided I would prefer to wait for the paperback so it will match my copies of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns.. I'm desperately hoping it will be as good as they were, early reviews have been good.

I've also read both of his books. I should also get a copy of his newest book. I'd be interested in knowing what everyone else thinks of "And The Mountains Echoed".

I've also read both of his books. I should also get a copy of his newest book. I'd be interested in knowing what everyone else thinks of "And The Mountains Echoed".

I can't wait to read it, I'm hoping it becomes available very soon after it's release date! :)

I'm getting on pretty well with All That Remains by Patricia Cornwell. I mean it's not the most interesting book ever, but I think I'm getting better and better at reading again. Feels good :)

I received Replay by Ken Grimwood in the post today, a book I must make time to read!! :D

Corrected that for you :giggle2:  ;)   Actually, given its story, you've got all the time in the world :lol:

I popped into Forbidden Planet on the way to the cinema this morning.  At one point I had picked up five books to buy, but I managed to persuade myself to put three of them back :giggle2:

So I got:

Orb Sceptre Throne (Malazan Empire Book 3) by Ian C. Esslemont

and

Wasp by Eric Frank Russell

:D

Finished The Eyre Affair past night, not really my cup of tea.. too off the wall for me. Need to start The Thread for my book club.

That was my feelings on the book. It was just too quirky for my tastes.