Turned Out Nice Again . . .

Raven

My city is flooded.

BfqMP-tIIAAmzFE.jpg

Fortunately I'm a couple streets outside the city centre, so I'm okay at the moment. Half the city centre, four major business streets and their adjoining side-streets, are all flooded.

Hilariously, our city's name is Cork - but the only thing floating instead of sinking is the sandbags, away from the premises they're meant to be protecting!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Headline on the front page of The Mirror today:

82°F HEATWAVE . . AND IT WILL LAST 2 WEEKS

(that's 28°C in current money).

BBC's weather website for Thursday:

Maximum temperature 13°C . . .

Heatwave, indeed.  hahahaha 

Our highs right now are in the mid 80's, and will be in the mid 90's pretty soon.  When it hits in the mid 90's is when I'll call it a heatwave, not before!

:giggle2:  :P

Two summers ago, we had over 20 consecutive days of 100+ degree weather. There was almost a week straight of 110+degree weather. Believe me, after that, the 90s felt like a cold snap. One could literally fry an egg on the sidewalk.

Today is a lovely 82, breezy with blue skies. Beautiful napping weather! It's all in perspective! ;)

Edited by dtrpath27

^ Yeah, but you do live in a swamp!

Hah!  True, true.  :D

It has certainly felt like it the last few days.  Today the sun is coming and going, mostly going.  Very humid and very warm. 

Note:  not hot, very warm.  Only 84F.

• 5 months later...

Everything is just gloomy and wet here, and has been since the clocks changed. Doesn't help that it gets dark about 4:30pm... :(

4:30! Here it's around 5:15 (or 17:15 as we say). It does get dark quite early, and it'll continue to be that way for another two months. What time does it get dark there in December (around the 21rst)?

^ About 3.30 to 4.00pm, but once we get past December 21st the nights start to draw out quite quickly.  Since the clocks went back I've been walking home in the dark.  It will probably be that way until the second or third week of February and another month on top of that before I'm getting home in daylight again.

^ About 3.30 to 4.00pm, but once we get past December 21st the nights start to draw out quite quickly.  Since the clocks went back I've been walking home in the dark.  It will probably be that way until the second or third week of February and another month on top of that before I'm getting home in daylight again.

Wow, so early! Yeah that's not nice at all :(. When I was still studying at university I'd have the same thing, from October until March or April, I'd be leaving the house in the dark and coming back in the dark. It was especially troublesome on those days where I had to be in locations and rooms without many windows.