What's up in February?

Lilywhite

Happy belated birthday Peacefield!!  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

Chrissy, I read yesterdays post and thought how nice, what a lovely day you had with hubby, then I ready todays post..  These potholes make me so mad, the same happened to Steve 2 years ago and the council refused to compensate him for a damaged wheel rim as they had not been made aware of that particular pothole...  I now make it my personal mission to report all local potholes at http://www.fillthathole.org.uk . 

It's been busy at home so I've not got on here as much as I'd like over the last few days, I had my parents stay for a long weekend which was fun and it's my daughters 12th birthday tomorrow, then my younger sons 8th birthday next week, so it's all go!! :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put up a new Eco friendly bluebird house today. the old one was falling to pieces. This one will last a long time:

http://shop.wbu.com/p/wbu-ecotough-eastern-bluebird-nesting-box?pp=12&pp=12

Looks lovely muggle-not!

The weather's turned extra cold here - after Sunday's (freak) warmth.

There's mist all around the house, non-stop rain, and I don't see myself going outdoors for a while...

Edited by bree

Thanks for that Chaliepud, it was a nasty one and I can't have been the only car to have encountered it in recent days. Gggrrr!

Some of the pressies I got for husband recently were two bird feeders; one with a roof and the other a mesh hanging tray. Now we don't have cats the birds are safer coming into our garden, and it is so nice to see them.

Turns out I am doing a feminist essay on Daddy by Sylvia Plath but somehow ended up talking about how political and personal situations are the same in terms of feminism instead of female empowerment. xD Should be interesting. Have about 2-3 weeks to get this finished and perfect.

Thanks for the bday wishes, LR and Chalie! :D

Chrissy, what a major pain about your tire trouble!  I'm so used to it here, being that our roads take such a beating what with all the snow and ice.  There's a saying we have in MN - we have 2 seasons; winter and road construction! :lol:  I've had 3 blow-outs in the last couple years due to potholes :(

Bird feeders are such lovely gifts!  We've tried to have them at our new place but I swear there is a gang of bully squirrels who raid it before the birds have a chance to take part. 

I'm sick. Again. Been ill all week, getting steadily worse. Last time I felt this bad, it turned out I had glandular fever, s I'm taking no chances and am going to see the doc this afternoon. Hopefully I'll be well again soon. I literally had 3 days of feeling 100% after a terrible run of bad health that started I October last year. Three days. Then I got sick again. Just can't catch a break!!!

I hope you feel better soon :( it doesn't sound nice at all.

It snowed yesterday and unfortunately this morning it was quite slippery outside. Just before our house, on the road, someone crashed their car upside down in the ditch across the street. I hope no one died or was badly injured.

I had the most amazing night in Dublin at John Green's TFIOS Live event! Rather than posting about it all here, I've rambled about it in my book-thread (well he is an author!)

The event included John reading and answering questions, Hank (his brother, the other half of the Vlog Brothers), playing his nerdy songs, both being entirely overwhelmed by the response of the crowd (apparently we're "less reserved" than the British - in other words we're psychotic hehe) and then there was a signing where I talked to them, shook Hank's hank, and got stuff signed. It was AWESOME.

Photos and details in my thread here.

A potential Historic Blizzard could hit the New England States in the U.S. on Friday evening. Two feet of snow could fall in Boston.

sofia, what is the forecast for your area.

for my immediate area they are saying anywhere from 10"-15"+.  Joy  :banghead:

Had my last driving lesson before my test day today, am starting to get nervous! Fair bit to keep me occupied over the weekend though. It's my sister's 30th today so we're going down to London on Saturday and I'm coming back Sunday. Tomorrow have got to sort out my bag, wrap presents, go to the post office and do some handwashing. Just wish I hadn't finished series 3 of The Gilmore Girls today, would be something else to distract myself.

UCP Marjon is my firm choice with Plymouth Uni as my insurance.

Good luck. I think I looked at Plymouth when I was thinking about uni. That was before I knew what subject I wanted to do though!

for my immediate area they are saying anywhere from 10"-15"+.  Joy  :banghead:

I have seen differents forecasts but all of them indicate a major, major, snow storm for the NorthEastern U.S.

my poor GD, she just got back from Sydney wihere temperatures were over 100 degrees and now she is in N.Y. City where they may get up to 18" of snow.

Boston may get up to 36" of snow.

Sofia, I read one forecast where you may get up to 20" of snow. he, he, keep it up there. We are getting rain right now in N.C.

Edited by muggle not

Good luck with the test Lucy.

I am cream crackered after another five days at work. Coran and I are going out tomorrow for a pre Valentines meal, as I have to work next weekend, and to go shopping in Guildford. Other than, not much planned.

I have seen differents forecasts but all of them indicate a major, major, snow storm for the NorthEastern U.S.

my poor GD, she just got back from Sydney wihere temperatures were over 100 degrees and now she is in N.Y. City where they may get up to 18" of snow.

Boston may get up to 36" of snow.

Sofia, I read one forecast where you may get up to 20" of snow. he, he, keep it up there. We are getting rain right now in N.C.

This is a masive and dangerous snowstorm that will have blizzard conditions. As a comparison, could you imagine London getting 36" of snow and winds up to 75 miles per hour. That is what may happen in Boston.

http://weather.aol.com/2013/02/08/nyc-new-england-brace-for-massive-blizzard/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D267856

OK Diane,  have you been named as Bishop Of Tunnock Cakes or something? :giggle2:

Whether thats a tea cosy or a hat, I love the design.

It is my new coffee pot cosy I sent for in an online sale...arrived today.

Good luck with the test Lucy.

I am cream crackered after another five days at work. Coran and I are going out tomorrow for a pre Valentines meal, as I have to work next weekend, and to go shopping in Guildford. Other than, not much planned.