What are you watching now? - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defiance - Daniel Craig.

Great film.  I have the book, unread.  Have you read it? 

We've still watching series 2 of Lewis.  Probably switch over to the second series of Wallander (Swedish version).  I have it on order, should arrive tomorrow.

No I haven't read the book, I noticed the film was on the iplayer and decided to try it. It was great. Daniel Craig, wolverine's brother who was in scream ,Liev Schreiber and the rest of the cast were excellent. I really enjoyed it.

His name will come to me after I've posted, or just before.

What is the book like?

is any1 on here watching American Horror Story Coven?? ive just started it, looks good so far! Just heard Jessica Lange is only doing one more series after this one though. Shame as i like her in all three series!

No I haven't read the book, I noticed the film was on the iplayer and decided to try it. It was great. Daniel Craig, wolverine's brother who was in scream ,Liev Schreiber and the rest of the cast were excellent. I really enjoyed it.

His name will come to me after I've posted, or just before.

What is the book like?

I haven't read it yet, it's glaring at me from an upper shelf..... :)  Agree re the actors.  All fantastic.

just watched an old documentary called Child Of Rage, was absolutely heartbreaking listening to the little girl talking about the abuse she was put through and how she wanted to kill and torture at 6yrs old.

We watched some Game of Thrones season two yesterday, but strangely enough some events didn't match what I remember happening in book two. I don't know if they'll happen in book three or whether they were added for extra tension. It bothered me a bit.

It was really late at night and I half-watched two back to back episodes of Spartacus Blood And Sand. What a really odd program that is! I think it is trying to be like Rome (the BBC/HBO series) but even though some of the women were almost wearing their togas it just didn't feel like Rome at all..just feels like a stage set....and the little Scottish guy from 4 weddings and a funeral is totally miscast and just swears all the time...the lead actor looks nothing like Kirk Douglas..and then there are the gladiators...they just lay about naked all the time talking BS and being ultra macho but the overall effect is very gay. Can't take any of the gladiators seriously especially Crixus and Spartacus... .loads of female nudity but also people with limbs missing just put in to shock..pointless violence and nastiness.

Mary Whitehouse would be spinning in her grave...that is if anyone was actually watching it. Has anybody else seen this?

Watching Ripper Steet, and while I am really enjoying it, they do seem intent on including every famous Victorian they can think of! 

It was really late at night and I half-watched two back to back episodes of Spartacus Blood And Sand. What a really odd program that is! I think it is trying to be like Rome (the BBC/HBO series) but even though some of the women were almost wearing their togas it just didn't feel like Rome at all..just feels like a stage set....and the little Scottish guy from 4 weddings and a funeral is totally miscast and just swears all the time...the lead actor looks nothing like Kirk Douglas..and then there are the gladiators...they just lay about naked all the time talking BS and being ultra macho but the overall effect is very gay. Can't take any of the gladiators seriously especially Crixus and Spartacus... .loads of female nudity but also people with limbs missing just put in to shock..pointless violence and nastiness.

Mary Whitehouse would be spinning in her grave...that is if anyone was actually watching it. Has anybody else seen this?

Brilliant show.  Loved John Hannah in it.

Blackfish .. a documentary film about a killer whale who ate his trainer (and was involved in the deaths of two more) at SeaWorld Florida :o The thing is .. he's a wild animal .. don't capture him and make him do tricks because one day he may not feel like it and you might be on the receiving end.

It's rivetting but squeamish stuff .. SeaWorld are completely to blame .. shame on them.