The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prometheus by Ridley Scott. Such a beautifull movie and it leaves you with loads of questions and while being a sort of prequel to the Aliens series it is so different from the franchise he once started.

x

I saw this and liked it, but I've not seen any of the Aliens films so I can't comment on how it relates. I think they'd be way too scary for me so I don't want to try! My boyfriend has them all on Blu-ray though so if I wanted to, I could watch them, I just feel that there's other things more suited for me to watch.

x

I saw this and liked it, but I've not seen any of the Aliens films so I can't comment on how it relates. I think they'd be way too scary for me so I don't want to try! My boyfriend has them all on Blu-ray though so if I wanted to, I could watch them, I just feel that there's other things more suited for me to watch.

They all are different Alien is essentialy a great horror movie in space, hence the "in space nobody can hear you scream" and is visually the most beautifull movie. Aliens is James Cameron at work and is a scifi horrorish actioner, Alien 3 is claustrofobic and Alien resurrection is Ripleys return. Ripley being the female main character in all movies and she is awesome.

We saw Enough Said yesterday.  A lovely film, the last, I believe of James Gandolfini.  He was marvelous to say the least, all the more bittersweet because of his recent death.  Julia Louis Dreyfous was fantastic as the female lead.  The nuances of each actor were beautifully played. Absolutely brilliant.

x

I know what you mean Athena! I have watched them all from behind a convenient cushion. :hide:

Kylie!! Look away now :giggle2:  

I went to see How I Live Now .. I liked the book (by Meg Rosoff) and so was quite curious to see the film. On the whole I really liked it, they took some liberties with the plotline .. as films always do .. but the flavour of the book was there. What Alan and I really liked was the stunning depiction of the English countryside .. really beautifully done. Some of the characters were a bit more cardboard than their book counterparts (and some of them were missing) but it was beautiful to look at and Saoirse Ronan was very good as the lead character.  

Total Recall (2012 remake).  'Twasn't awful.  Kate Beckinsale's in it, I like  :giggle2:

Did you like Serendipity? I did :) It made me want to read Love in the Time of Cholera (which I did .. and I liked it too :))

Some of the characters were a bit more cardboard than their book counterparts (and some of them were missing) but it was beautiful to look at and Saoirse Ronan was very good as the lead character.  [/font]

What? But the book characters were already cardboard! How could they possibly get cardboardier? :o

I've had a bit of a movie day. I watched Inkheart (I give adaptations a lot of leeway, but even with that, this one was pretty bad), all three Jurassic Park movies and The Trouble with Harry (Alfred Hitchcock).

What? But the book characters were already cardboard! How could they possibly get cardboardier? :o

:D Well I know you didn't like them Kylie .. but I was very attached :blush2: .. that goat made me cry you know :giggle: .. however his part was cut drastically in the film :D

I've had a bit of a movie day. I watched Inkheart (I give adaptations a lot of leeway, but even with that, this one was pretty bad), all three Jurassic Park movies and The Trouble with Harry (Alfred Hitchcock).

Was The Trouble with Harry the movie with everyone claiming to have killed Harry since he was not a nice character

but it turned out he'd died from natural causes

?  If so I remember it.  It was in black and white I think.  I liked it.  I saw it on tv when they were doing old classics when I was a teen.

The last movie I watched was Precious.

Edited by Kylie
Added spoiler tags

I watched Skyline the other night on Film4. What a load of old rubbish!! Unsympathetic characters, moronic dialogue, stupid ending and aliens that looked like.... well I can't say what I said at home, but suffice to say that I couldn't take them seriously!

Have you read the book, how does it compare? I've read the book but not yet seen the film (I did record it a while ago from our film channel but I'm not sure if it worked because the satellite's been acting up sometimes and not recording properly).