Books You're Looking Forward To In 2013

chesilbeach

Some of these are already released in hardcover, but I'm waiting for the paperback release.

Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson - Wheel of Time #14: A Memory of Light

Peter V. Brett - Demon Cycle #3: The Daylight War

Sophie Kinsella - I've Got Your Number

Peter F. Hamilton - Great North Road

Penny Vincenzi - Love in the Afternoon and Other Delights

The next Terry Pratchett book.

As well as any other books by authors I like. There's probably more but I can't remember them at the moment.

Don't think less of me when I say Dan Brown's new book, Inferno. I like his books, even though they are no masterpieces. They are filled with cliffhangers though, and that usually does it for me. Didn't like his last book, so I hope this will be more interesting like Angels & Demons and the da Vinci code. Ducking for tomatoes....

I just had a look at the link Chesil posted, and these titles jumped out at me:

The Ocean at the End of the Lane - Neil Gaiman

The Childhood of Jesus - J.M Coatzee

I may give the new Bridget Jones a look at well, though I wouldn't expect a lot.

And Emelee, I'm looking forward to the new Dan Brown too, especially if it's anything like Angels and Demons!

I liked the Bridget Jones films, are the books any good? (sorry if it's off topic) Judging by your post it seems you didn't really like them?

Well, the first film is genius. I didn't like the style of the first book, so I never finished it. I thought the second film was a bit of a stretch - funny in parts, but it didn't live up to the first, so I didn't even bother with the book given that I wasn't a massive fan of the first book. So a third book? Not sure about it.

Some of these are already released in hardcover, but I'm waiting for the paperback release.

Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson - Wheel of Time #14: A Memory of Light

Peter V. Brett - Demon Cycle #3: The Daylight War

Sophie Kinsella - I've Got Your Number

Peter F. Hamilton - Great North Road

Penny Vincenzi - Love in the Afternoon and Other Delights

The next Terry Pratchett book.

As well as any other books by authors I like. There's probably more but I can't remember them at the moment.

I'm currently reading the new Wheel of Time book. So far it hasn't disappointed but I made the mistake of looking it up on Wikipedia and ruining a bit of the ending. But I have plenty of time to forget about it with the size of the book. Great North Road is a brilliant book as well. I found it a bit hard to understand at times as there are so many characters. And the Penny Vincenzi sounds a winner as well. Absolutely love her books!

Don't think less of me when I say Dan Brown's new book, Inferno. I like his books, even though they are no masterpieces. They are filled with cliffhangers though, and that usually does it for me. Didn't like his last book, so I hope this will be more interesting like Angels & Demons and the da Vinci code. Ducking for tomatoes....

I'm really looking forward to this as well. I thought the Lost Symbol was okay but I'm mainly looking forward to the film adaptation to come out.

When I saw Jasper Fforde in 2011 he said there was going to be a new Shades of Grey book out this year, which at the time seemed a long time away, but now it seems to have been pushed back to 2015 :(

I may give the new Bridget Jones a look at well, though I wouldn't expect a lot.

Oh I'd forgotten about that one, I may also give it a go. Apparently there's lots of social networking in it.

There are two new* Mike Gayle books coming out this year that I'm looking forward to. One is the paperback version of The Stag and Hen Weekend (which is out on Valentine's Day) and the other is his sequel to Turning Thirty, imaginatively called . . . Yep, Turning Forty (out in June). Not sure if I will buy this in hardback, but I could be tempted.

Also, having just read the first three, I'm looking forward Ben Aaronovitch's next Peter Grant book, Broken Homes, which is also due out in hardback in June.

*New for me, one is a paperback of a hardback that came out last year.

I'm waiting for the sequel of "Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children". I loved that book, I can't wait to see how.. no, sorry! I'm not going to do any spoiler.

Do u have any details about its title and release Eleanora?

Edited by chaliepud

There are two new* Mike Gayle books coming out this year that I'm looking forward to. One is the paperback version of The Stag and Hen Weekend (which is out on Valentine's Day) and the other is his sequel to Turning Thirty, imaginatively called . . . Yep, Turning Forty (out in June). Not sure if I will buy this in hardback, but I could be tempted.
I'm looking forward to the first one as well (I haven't read it but I've heard good things about it). I haven't read Turning Thirty either, I presume you liked it? Edited by Athena

• 3 weeks later...

There are two new* Mike Gayle books coming out this year that I'm looking forward to. One is the paperback version of The Stag and Hen Weekend (which is out on Valentine's Day) ...

I picked this up at the weekend and will start it soon!

I'm looking forward to the first one as well (I haven't read it but I've heard good things about it). I haven't read Turning Thirty either, I presume you liked it?

Sorry, I missed this before.

I think Turning Thirty is one of his better books, it is from a time when I would say he was still writing predominantly for blokes and not women!

Can't wait for the new Kate Atkinson novel - Life after Life

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult looks very interesting and in reading the synopsis alone am quite interested to see how that will turn out. 

Middle C by William H Gass is one I read a lot about in the last few months and looking forward also to reading it.