• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#30 - Bared to You - Sylvia Day

Started - October sometime

Finished - 29.10.13

Format - Paperback book

My Thoughts - This book is about Gideon and Eva and there journey towards each other. Eva gets a job in the Crossfire company which is Gideons' company. She bumps into him a few times and every time is drawn to him and wants to know more about him. They have a very volatile relationship and many a time I did want to throw the book across the room in frustration.

Now with every book of the adult nature there is the inevitable comparison with the 50 Shades Trilogy. Now to me there are many similarities. For example Gideon is rich and owns the company where Eva works. exactly the same as 50 Shades. They have both been hurt in the past. Exactly 50 shades. She is a lot more naive than him. Exactly the same as 50 shades. You get the picture.

I didn't buy the book it was lent to me by my sister in law and I'm quite pleased that I didn't buy it. It was an okay book and its the first in a trilogy. I don't think I'll be rushing to read anymore.

Rating - 2.5/5

#31 Eighty Days Yellow - Vina Jackson

Started - 29.10.13

Finished - 11.11.13

Format - Paperback Book

My Thoughts - This was another book that was leant to me by my sister in law and it is yet another that follows on the 50 shades of grey theme. This book centres on Summer who meets a professor and the usual scene comes about. I have to say I didn't really enjoy this book at all as it seemed to centre on a lot of humiliation and it just didn't sit quite right with me. Not one that I would really read again or read any more in the series.

Rating - 2/5

*For some reason I cant post any images or content into my posts at the minute :(

Popped into Tesco to get some lunch today and ended up getting two books :doh:

Step Back in Time by Ali McNamara - How many lifetimes would you travel to find a love that lasts for ever?

When single career girl Jo-Jo steps onto a zebra crossing and gets hit by a car, she awakes to find herself in 1963. The fashion, the music, her job, even her romantic life: everything is different. And then it happens three more times, and Jo-Jo finds herself living a completely new life in the 1970s, 80s and
90s. The only people she can rely on are Harry and Ellie, two companions from 2013, and George, the owner of a second-hand record store.

If she's ever to return from her travels, Jo-Jo must work out why she's jumping through time like this. And if she does make it back, will her old life ever be the same again?

The Camelot Code - Sam Christer What if King Arthur was more than a myth?

On a starlit summer's night in the Welsh mountains, an old man is torn from sleep as an ancient prophecy unfolds. On the other side of the Atlantic, an American antiques dealer lies dyingnon the floor of his shop, blood ebbing from a fatal stab wound.

In San Francisco, Mitzi Fallon begins her new job as lead investigator for the FBI's Historical, Religious and Unsolved Crimes Unit. When it emerges that a priceless Celtic relic has been stolen from the murdered antiques dealer, Mitzi finds herself drawn into a mystery that reaches from the heart of the modern US government back to a man once dismissed as myth: King Arthur.

I've got a few more books again :)

Beyond the Night - Colleen Gleason

Life After Life - Kate Atkinson

Hearts of Gold - Catrin Collier

The Perfect Family - Kathryn Shay

The Witness Wore Red - Rebecca Musser

The first was a freebie on the ibooks store, the middle three were cut down or free on the kindle store and the last one was one my fiance brought me :D

Have you read any Kate Atkinsons before? I forget :blush: I thought her Case Histories was brilliant, it's the detective series, but when I tried reading Human Croquet I couldn't get into it... I'm wondering whether I ought to give her standalones another try...

Nice haul :)! Any thoughts on which book you're going to read next?

Next up I think I'm going to read City of Bones as I got it for my birthday back in March and still havent started it!

Have you read any Kate Atkinsons before? I forget :blush: I thought her Case Histories was brilliant, it's the detective series, but when I tried reading Human Croquet I couldn't get into it... I'm wondering whether I ought to give her standalones another try...

I havent read any yet but I do have case histories on my wishlist! Why dont I have more time to read! arrgghhh!

I havent read any yet but I do have case histories on my wishlist! Why dont I have more time to read! arrgghhh!

Because you also have a life... A BF, the farm, and all kinds of things! :):friends3:

Edit: Okay, maybe it was one of those rhetorical quoestions... :D

Edited by frankie

Because you also have a life... A BF, the farm, and all kinds of things! :):friends3:

Edit: Okay, maybe it was one of those rhetorical quoestions... :D

hehehe :) We also have a business to run now too and in a months time we will be getting 1000 baby pigs to look after! Good thing is now with me being on the farm constantly it should (fingers crossed) give me more free time :D

x

I hope you enjoy it :)!

Thank you :) The boy brought me the series for my birthday back in March and I keep meaning to start them but other books keep jumping up at me! :)

#32 - The Glass Wall by Madison Adler/Carmen Caine

12543991.jpg

Started - 11/11/13

Finished - 24/11/13

Format - Kindle E-book

Synopsis - 17-year-old Sydney's only interest in life is flying under the radar.

But destiny has other plans when the tall, handsome, formal, and unusual Rafael Channing moves into the neighborhood. Athletic and with killer looks, he wears black eyeliner like a magician and seems to be watching Sydney's every move.

What starts out as a light-hearted investigation with her gadget-happy foster father takes a serious turn when she discovers that Rafael isn't human. Add Jareth, the country's latest rock sensation, into the mix and Sydney is swept into a mysterious world of Tulpas, the Fae, and the Brotherhood of the Snake.

Sydney doesn't know she's a Blue Thread of Fate. She doesn't know the fate of humanity depends on her choice of whom to trust--Jareth or Rafael. And she certainly doesn't know that she's taken the first step on the unexpected path of love.

My Thoughts - I downloaded this book when I first got my Kindle (Christmas 2011) but have only just got around to reading it. Its a young adult paranormal romance about a girl called Sydney who is in foster care with a nice family.When some new neighbours move in across the street its Sydney and her foster father Al that takes an interest in them. He is head of the neighbourhood watch and seems to think they are selling drugs or donig other illigal activities. In fact its a guy called Rafael who catches Sydneys eye. Not only is it Rafeal her favourite pop star keeps paying her visits too.

Well I did enjoy the story to this book its full of twists and turns and lots of information is packed into the pages of this book. I did think at some times that the coindiences were a little bit too obvious and things would not have happened that way in real life but other than that I thought it was ok.

It had a good 90% of the book setting the scene but not explaining too much and the last 10% explained it. I would have liked a little bit more explanation as the end did seem a little rushed.

This is however the first in a series and I think that teenagers would really lap this book up. I thought it was alright, nothing that special but if the next book came along cheaply (It was free when I downloaded it) I think I would read it.

Rating - 3/5

hehehe :) We also have a business to run now too and in a months time we will be getting 1000 baby pigs to look after! Good thing is now with me being on the farm constantly it should (fingers crossed) give me more free time :D

x

Wow, that's a lot! So cute :).

Nice review of The Glass Wall :).

x

Wow, that's a lot! So cute :).

Nice review of The Glass Wall :).

Yep lots of little baby pigs! I'll have to post a photo when they come in as they are so tiny (about half the size of our Jack Russells!) and they are so sweet too! You can get in the pens with them and play around as they dont have proper teeth so they dont bite very hard :P They are also quite nosey so they come up to you and try to eat your clothes and gloves and things!

I would love to see a photo! They sound so cute :)!

They are cute hehe. The last ones we got in we had a couple that struggled to eat at first so I was hand feeding them 4 times a day for a couple of weeks before they got the hang of it! As its winter now and if there are a few weak ones we will have to bring them inside to hand feed which I'm secretly hoping we have to do!

They are cute hehe. The last ones we got in we had a couple that struggled to eat at first so I was hand feeding them 4 times a day for a couple of weeks before they got the hang of it! As its winter now and if there are a few weak ones we will have to bring them inside to hand feed which I'm secretly hoping we have to do!

x

Awwww :smile2::), that sounds so sweet. I wish you a lot of fun!

Oooo you absolutely have to read City of Bones! I started it and have literally read one after another with no gaps in between because im addicted :giggle: ! Im at the end of book 4... and still going! Im excited for you haha. I hope you enjoy them as much as i have

Oooo you absolutely have to read City of Bones! I started it and have literally read one after another with no gaps in between because im addicted :giggle: ! Im at the end of book 4... and still going! Im excited for you haha. I hope you enjoy them as much as i have

I have the five books all sat in my living room so if I get addicted  I can read the whole lot :) I hope I enjoy it as much as you have :)

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer - I agree with Frankie...I loved this book, and hope you do too.

I've added Step Back In Time to my wishlist too - I like the sound of that one, and also Life After Life, by Kate Atkinson (I've heard good things about that!)

Hope you get some good news about your test results soon, x

Oh, and those pigs sound like a huge bundle of cuteness!  

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer - I agree with Frankie...I loved this book, and hope you do too.

I've added Step Back In Time to my wishlist too - I like the sound of that one, and also Life After Life, by Kate Atkinson (I've heard good things about that!)

Hope you get some good news about your test results soon, x

Oh, and those pigs sound like a huge bundle of cuteness!  

I cant wait to start The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society its on my kindle ready and waiting :)

I got my test results back and they came back inconclusive so I've got to go back for more now!