LauraLoves Reads 2013

lauraloves

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

I'm back! Did you miss me? :P just kidding!

I've finally had a diagnosis about what has been the matter with me for the past few months. I had glandular fever coupled with Anaemia which the two together was causing me so much bother. I have just logged on for the first time in weeks and seeing everyones well wishes really has made me smile. I cant wait to get caught up with the boards and also read again because my mojo has come back.

I need to re-count my TBR pile as I brought a load of books the other day too so I bet that has gone through the roof!

Yep I'm definitely feeling much better now. Still have a fair way to go but am finally starting to feel like a human again. I am fairly dosed up on various meds but they seem to be working so thats all good :)

I've just offically moved in with the boyfriend and all my books have come with so I'm going to have to have a sort out and try and put them in some sort of order now which is rather exciting a project for next weekend I think!

Yep I'm definitely feeling much better now. Still have a fair way to go but am finally starting to feel like a human again. I am fairly dosed up on various meds but they seem to be working so thats all good :)

I've just offically moved in with the boyfriend and all my books have come with so I'm going to have to have a sort out and try and put them in some sort of order now which is rather exciting a project for next weekend I think!

All great things, laura. :)

Happy to see you back here, and feeling so much better!

Laura

Really good to see you back, and to hear they have diagnosed and are treating your illnesses. No wonder you were feeling so poorly, those 2 together would knock anyone down .

Sounds like you are well on the road to recovery, living with your boyfriend with all your books surrounding you .

Best wishes for the future . Take good care of yourself .

We missed you Laura! I am so glad they finally found out what was wrong with you, and that the medicine seems to be working for you. :)

I also can't wait to see what books you bought!

• 2 weeks later...

Well what a busy week I have had! Am finishing my current temp job in about 3-4 weeks so while I am going to miss working again I am looking forward to having a few weeks relaxing and catching up on everything before all the farm work starts again.

I have sorted out my little library and have pictures too if anyone would like to see them. I am also trying to catch up on all the posts on here as I have missed a fair bit but am enjoying going through the threads. I also need to update my TBR lists and read lists and also fit some reading in to!

Are you actually asking if we want to see your library? On behalf of everyone, YES PLEASE! :D 

Glad to read that things are diagnosed and you are feeling better. And good to have you back. :smile: 

x

I fully agree with what Chrissy said. I'd love to see some photos, and I'm glad you're feeling better :).

Two more books that I have read recently -

Pride and Pleasure - Sylvia Day - This was a book that my sister in law lent me. Its historical fiction with adult romance thrown in. This book was ok, just nothing special.

Fire After Dark - Sadie Matthews - Another book from the sister in law. This book to me was definitely a 50 shades copy. I didn't really like this book and it left me feeling a bit sad and shocked.

I promise to review properly from now on :)

Ok so books recently acquired

Tree Books

• Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
  • The Husbands Secret - Liane Moriarty
  • Necessary Lies - Diane Chamberland
  • The Hidden Cottage - Erica James
  • The Moment - Claire Dyer
  • The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul - Deborah Rodriguez
  • Firefly Lane - Kristin Hannah
  • Bernie Nolan - Now and Forever
  • Stephen King - The Shining
  • Clarkson - The Topgear years
  • Two Brothers - Ben Elton
  • Shift - Hugh Howey

E-books

• Lady of Devices - Shelley Adina
  • Cop Hater - Ed McBain
  • The Iron King - Julie Kagawa
  • Evernight - Claudia Gray
  • Stomerbreaker - Anthony Horowitz
  • Sherlock Holmes Death Cloud - Andrew Lane

18 new books . . . oops!

• Shift - Hugh Howey

x

These are the ones that I've either got on my shelf or on my Kindle. I haven't read any of them yet but I hope you enjoy them :).

Sorry that I'm so late to respond to the posts, I'm very much behind on the reading logs.

But of course we've missed you!! :D:friends3:  I believe we are all very relieved to hear your good news about your condition, it's something that is cured with meds, I believe and you can get better and feel like your old good self!! :):friends3:

Easy does it, but it's all good from now on! :)

Aww, that's sweet! Happy shacking up, congrats! :D I bet you loved 'having to do' all the sorting out and shelving and stuff :D

Well what a busy week I have had! Am finishing my current temp job in about 3-4 weeks so while I am going to miss working again I am looking forward to having a few weeks relaxing and catching up on everything before all the farm work starts again.

You deserve some nice relaxy-lax time, most definitely :)

I have sorted out my little library and have pictures too if anyone would like to see them. I am also trying to catch up on all the posts on here as I have missed a fair bit but am enjoying going through the threads. I also need to update my TBR lists and read lists and also fit some reading in to!

Echoing everyone else's thoughts: yes! Pics, or didn't happen :D

Two more books that I have read recently -

Pride and Pleasure - Sylvia Day - This was a book that my sister in law lent me. Its historical fiction with adult romance thrown in. This book was ok, just nothing special.

I have seen Sylvia Day's books everywhere nowadays and I've been curious about her. Is she like E. L. James, but with more to the actual story and not just the shagging? :shrug:

Ok so books recently acquired

Tree Books

• The Husbands Secret - Liane Moriarty
  • The Moment - Claire Dyer
  • The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul - Deborah Rodriguez
  • Bernie Nolan - Now and Forever
  • Clarkson - The Topgear years
  • Two Brothers - Ben Elton
  • Shift - Hugh Howey

E-books

• Lady of Devices - Shelley Adina
  • Cop Hater - Ed McBain
  • The Iron King - Julie Kagawa
  • Evernight - Claudia Gray
  • Stomerbreaker - Anthony Horowitz
  • Sherlock Holmes Death Cloud - Andrew Lane

18 new books . . . oops!

Great haul :D Everybody seems to be reading Gone Girl, so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it, too! And I'm curious about the Diane Chamberlain book, I've been meaning to look into her books. And The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul! I can't remember who it was, but somebody started a thread on this book, or something similar on here, and there were quite a few similar sort of books mentioned. Should be interesting!

Good to have you back :friends3: