Frankie reads 2013

frankie

Okay, so shall I expect you on my door in 37 hours? :giggle2:

Yes - I'm in Antwerp at the moment! :P:giggle:

What's the route of choice? How would you get to Norway by car? Is it a submarinic car? :D

Google gave two suggested routes, which both take the same length of time. The top one is the recommended one...

DrivingtoFinland_zpsf1926a32.jpg

I foolishly got rid of my submarinic car - d'oh!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes - I'm in Antwerp at the moment! :P:giggle:

Awesome!!! :D

Google gave two suggested routes, which both take the same length of time. The top one is the recommended one...

DrivingtoFinland_zpsf1926a32.jpg

I foolishly got rid of my submarinic car - d'oh!

Oh, I would recommend the northern route... Denmark is hella awesome, and Sweden's great, too! Although Germany might a whole lot of fun... And Estonia! Oh, and and and... :D But you must remember that your destination is Joensuu, Finland, and you have to get here in 37 hours, so no rest stops, please :D I hope you have put on incontinence pads... And have bought enough snacks to keep you satisfied... Now, drn drn drrrrn!

:lol:

Damn - I don't have any Tena Lady.  :giggle:

Perhaps I'll do north on the way there and south on the way back?!  :D

Oh crap... If you don't have Tena Lady, your pants will freeze in a really bad way... And therefore I would suggest the southern, warmer route, to and back... :giggle2::D :D

Maybe you could give me some for the return journey!  :P

Well I'm sorry but I don't have any in my cupboards... We'll have to go shopping for them :D Wohoo! That ought to be fun.... :lol:

Edit: I can envision this conversation with another BCF member:

x: So, wasn't it nice when Janet came over??

frankie: Oh hell yeah, what a great surprise! :)

x: So did you go book shopping?!

frankie: Naah, we had a cup of tea and then went shopping for Tena Ladies.

:cool::D

Edited by frankie

Loved reading about your adventures, Janet and frankie :)!

Things usually don't go exactly the way we planned. When I was a young teenager, I thought I'd study, get a promotion and become a professor (like my dad). I'd have a good job and make good money and own a house. Unfortunately I got more and more tired throughout life, to the point where I am now, not able to do much at all :banghead:. I hoped to have a wonderful friend or partner but didn't think it would happen. I have a really wonderful boyfriend :wub: so I'm glad that part got a lot better than I thought when I was younger.

My boyfriend isn't very much into reading, but he does love dogs (but no, you can't nick him :D). I personally don't mind it that he's not so interested in reading, tbh I tell him about pretty much every single book I read :D (he does like to hear about the stories in the books I read, he's quite supportive) and he tells me about the things he does. It works for us.

We can't be sure where life'll take us (however much I wish to be..). I hope you'll find a nice place in Lahti and have a happy life :hug:. I hope for you that you find that wonderful partner some day, who loves dogs too and who is at least supportive of your reading.

I liked that, until I read 'has she forgotten how old she is'. You mean how YOUNG I am, right?!

Um, sure. That's exactly what I meant.  :out: 

Even though you're only older than me by a couple of months, I love it because I can always make 'old' jokes about you. Mwahahaha!  :giggle2: 

Maybe it's a phase all 31'ers go through :o Oh yay, we are part of something!   How old is Rory now. Hm. I bet she had the same thing!

Let's start a club!

Hmm, good question. I'm not sure how old Rory would be, so let's just say she's our age. ;) What I find scary is that we are nearly the same age that Lorelai was when she had Rory! :o When did we change from being Rory to being Lorelai?!

I went into the men's loo by mistake this week in my local supermarket :blush2: I've used the loo there before so why I got it wrong I don't know. I didn't want to use the loo I wanted the mirror and the good lighting (to check my eye for the lens) but firstly I was baffled because I'd seen a lady go in but she wasn't there and then the smell indicated to me that something was wrong  ..

Hahaha! Oh Poppyshake!  :friends3: 

Maybe he has a reputation to think of, maybe his rogue friends would start cussing him if they found out he reads books.

Maybe he was reading a self-help book like Jess was! 

I agree, getting a cup of coffee is good :yes: And, you will also be able to tell if the man drinks coffee or not... Coffee is good! (But I suppose I couldn't go ahead and discriminate against tea drinkers... )

I'm glad you don't discriminate against non-coffee and non-tea drinkers, otherwise we couldn't be friends! :( 

Love, love, love "besserwisserism"!  Had to google it.....fantastic!  No, you don't want that.

Yes, thank you for introducing me to this word too! :D

What? So besserwisser is not a loan word in English? I always thought it was :blush: Well, I'm glad to have helped :D It's easy to remember.  'besser' I believe means 'better' and 'wisser' means 'knower'. So it's someone who knows better. Or thinks they do... :D

(And when you're calling someone a besserwisser, the 'w' is pronounced as 'v'. Yes, I'm a nit picking besserwisser... :blush: I just thought I'd give you that extra bit of information when you want to make an impression and call someone a besserwisser and then have to explain to them what it is :giggle::D Just so that they can't go googling the word after the confrontation, learn about the pronunciation and get back at you by besserwissering about that!)

Will get back to rest later, have not had morning coffee yet!

Edited by frankie

I'm seriously getting worried now.... Jänet started her trip on Saturday, and she's still not here!  I hope she hasn't had an accident... Has anyone heard from her??

Oh man, I can't get the quote tags working...

Also: butchering happened, because of limited emoticons.

Athena wrote: Things usually don't go exactly the way we planned. When I was a young teenager, I thought I'd study, get a promotion and become a professor (like my dad). I'd have a good job and make good money and own a house. Unfortunately I got more and more tired throughout life, to the point where I am now, not able to do much at all. I hoped to have a wonderful friend or partner but didn't think it would happen. I have a really wonderful boyfriend so I'm glad that part got a lot better than I thought when I was younger.

Things may not have gone the way you thought they would, but you have a great life! =) You have just graduated, you have found your OH, and have other plans ahead of you now =)

Athena wrote: My boyfriend isn't very much into reading, but he does love dogs (but no, you can't nick him ). I personally don't mind it that he's not so interested in reading, tbh I tell him about pretty much every single book I read  (he does like to hear about the stories in the books I read, he's quite supportive) and he tells me about the things he does. It works for us.

Don't worry, I leave other people's boyfriends and hubbies well alone =D I'm happy for you, though, he sounds so well suited for you =)

Athena wrote: We can't be sure where life'll take us (however much I wish to be..). I hope you'll find a nice place in Lahti and have a happy life . I hope for you that you find that wonderful partner some day, who loves dogs too and who is at least supportive of your reading.

Thanks! :) And the fact that I'm now waiting in line for an apartment is already making me happier! Before, I would just sit and think 'must apply for an apartment, must apply', but for some reason it took me sometime to actually do it. :shrug: But now it's done, the wheels are in motion and I'm happier just for that reason :)

Kylie wrote: Even though you're only older than me by a couple of months, I love it because I can always make 'old' jokes about you. Mwahahaha! 

You know, that's never bothered me, because it only means that I'll always be smarter than you by 2 months :P:lol:

Kylie wrote: Let's start a club!

Ooooh, let's! I want T-shirts that go with it. Although we still have to find a place that sells 'Reading is sexy' T-shirts...

Kylie wrote: Hmm, good question. I'm not sure how old Rory would be, so let's just say she's our age. What I find scary is that we are nearly the same age that Lorelai was when she had Rory! When did we change from being Rory to being Lorelai?!

Yeah, I like your thinking, it's good, 99 :cool: Rory's always going to be our age.

But I know what you mean... We are soon Lorelai's age... It's really freaky :D How can you watch the show the way we used to, when we're today's Lorelais???

And imagine... A few years and we'll be Emily....  :hide:

Kylie wrote: I'm glad you don't discriminate against non-coffee and non-tea drinkers, otherwise we couldn't be friends!

I think I had to start making allowances when I met you! :friends3:

I'm jealous now :blush2: .. I want a Poppyshake Wrote:giggle:  

I'm very happy that you applied yourself to applying :D ... I hope they will keep their end of the bargain and supply you with something suitable .. soon :hug: 

I haven't seen or heard from Janet :blush2: but her name is on the member's online today list and 30 mins ago she finished On The Black Hill according to Goodreads so I think our dear Janet is safe :boogie: 

Okay... for the sake of making poppyshake happy I will pretend I'm having issues with the quote tags again...

Oh darn! I'm having issues with the quote tags again!! :doh:

Poppyshake wrote: I'm very happy that you applied yourself to applying... I hope they will keep their end of the bargain and supply you with something suitable .. soon :hug: 

Thank you! :smile2: I really hope I get to move to Lahti soon... But I'm willing to wait... Because I guess I have to :D I'll just have to keep myself busy and happy :)

Poppyshake wrote: I haven't seen or heard from Janet  but her name is on the member's online today list and 30 mins ago she finished On The Black Hill according to Goodreads so I think our dear Janet is safe

But what if she has her cell phone with her and had the book with her in the backseat of the car, just by chance. I hope she hasn't been snowed in and is now somewhere, in a ditch, the whole car covered in snow :( Although... If she was able to come on here, she could've sent me a PM telling me to call for help :D Hmph! This is getting odd... I wonder if she fell in love with Denmark so much that decided to stay there!

Edit: I butchered emoticons again, but I couldn't butcher the supportive huggle!

:lol: Oh I got pink writing :wub:  :D 

Janet in a ditch and covered with snow!! :o Jumping Jehosaphat! what will we do? :wibbly: .. have you got a tow rope frankie? and a 4x4 :D 

I reckon Janet is busy having the most marvellous time as all Janet's should be :smile:   

Thank you for playing the pretending game frankie  :hug: .. I liked it :giggle: .. can we play again tomorrow? :blush2: 

Poppyshake wrote: Oh I got pink writing :wub: 

Crap, I was going for purple... But I don't know what's purple. I've said this to you before :D

Poppyshake wrote: Janet in a ditch and covered with snow!!  Jumping Jehosaphat! what will we do? .. have you got a tow rope frankie? and a 4x4

A 4x4? That's like a four-by-four? What the hell are you going to do with it?? You're not going to hit her in the head with it... :o Na'ah, I'm not allowing you in the search party! :no:

Poppyshake wrote: I reckon Janet is busy having the most marvellous time as all Janet's should be

Yeah, I reckon too :)

Poppyshake wrote: Thank you for playing the pretending game frankie .. I liked it .. can we play again tomorrow?

:D You are welcome... And no, we absolutely can't! You using a noncommon font is all the more deleting I have to do to play the game... :D Sorry darling, Mommy's tired... Mommy won't play tomorrow... There there. :empathy:  Now, go to bed.

Poppyshake wrote: Janet in a ditch and covered with snow!!  Jumping Jehosaphat! what will we do? .. have you got a tow rope frankie? and a 4x4

A 4x4? That's like a four-by-four? What the hell are you going to do with it?? You're not going to hit her in the head with it... :o Na'ah, I'm not allowing you in the search party! :no:

Hee hee maybe we need to head over to Frankie's language/cultures thread to discuss this one...  :giggle2:  :giggle2: