Alert: The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared for 20p!

Michelle

A 100 year old man who climbs out of the window of his nursing home, and disappears ! It is basically about all that he gets up both before and after his escape. It's by far the funniest book I have read this year. In fact I might read it again !

just got a kindle for Xmas & spotted this offer. Snapped it right up. Also the life of pi too.

Any more bargains please let me know as its all new to me & trying to fill my kindle up. It's so addictive. I hadn't realised before you could get such cheap best selling books on there. Do they often have offers on???

Edited by Star

Amazon have regular Kindle sales, usually 12 days of Kindle at Christmas, then there's often a spring, summer and autumn sale as well, so that's four big sales per year. Plus, there is the Daily Deal offer, where one (or more) books is significantly reduced - usually to between 99p and £1.99 - but for one day only from midnight to midnight, so it means you have to check it on a daily basis to make sure you don't miss out on a bargain on your wishlist!

In addition to that, some publishers will put some of their own books at a special offer price, but these can be trickier to find, although if they're a real bargain, they often show up in the best seller lists, as people spread the word and they sell lots more copies. I often go through the top 100 best seller list (you can see it on the right hand side of the screen when you're at the Kindle books main page) to see if there are any books on special offer there.

Hope that helps!

I don't know how long this one will last, but The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared is only 20p on amazon http://www.amazon.co...k_PY9nE.0BBZ556

Thanks Michelle. LOL, I tried to order from Amazon.UK but Amazon wouldn't permit (as I suspected). Anyhow, it was worth the try. :)

I did order the book from Amazon (U.S.) but had to pay $8.63, which really isn't that much. The book sounds very good and I am pretty sure I will enjoy it.

Edited: I just learned a lesson. I read Poppy's post where she found a book for sale on Amazon, and, I thought why don't I do that. So, I found the books on sale and bought "Water for Elephants" for $1.99. Then I go to our library and see where I could have gotten it for free. From now on any I book that I see on Amazon, I will first try the library. :)

Edited by muggle not

Amazon have regular Kindle sales, usually 12 days of Kindle at Christmas, then there's often a spring, summer and autumn sale as well, so that's four big sales per year. Plus, there is the Daily Deal offer, where one (or more) books is significantly reduced - usually to between 99p and £1.99 - but for one day only from midnight to midnight, so it means you have to check it on a daily basis to make sure you don't miss out on a bargain on your wishlist!

In addition to that, some publishers will put some of their own books at a special offer price, but these can be trickier to find, although if they're a real bargain, they often show up in the best seller lists, as people spread the word and they sell lots more copies. I often go through the top 100 best seller list (you can see it on the right hand side of the screen when you're at the Kindle books main page) to see if there are any books on special offer there.

Hope that helps!

Only just seen this. Thanks so much. Will remember this YAY sounds good!!!!!!!! :D:friends3:

Also how do you find these sales you mention? I've seen the 12 days of kindle it pops up on my main shopping page when I go to my book shop app. Is it the same for the other sales or do you have to go looking for them?

Edited by Star