Instagram

Nollaig

Just wondering if anyone here uses Instagram? I just got an account yesterday and since I tend to take photos with my phone all the time it's pretty neat! Just wondering if anyone on here uses it, I know some of you take gorgeous photos.

Also wondering what people think of it in general :)

Hey Noll! I have an Instagram account, and I love it, especially using the app. I don't have very many photos on myself (plus what I do have is kind of boring), but I do like following other people. If you want to find me on there I'm ShameSpiral :D How do I find and follow you?

Found you and followed you! I loooove looking through the photos on there, there are some amazing ones. And I love the way some people use it to just give snapshots of their daily lives, maybe that makes me nosy but I love getting glimpses into what is essentially the everyday world for other people!

I like the caption they've put on the photo: 'This one's on us, Zuckerberg'. :)

(Why do they keep going on about lattes and coffees? Surely users would be more worried about having photos of themselves appearing on the side of a bus?)

Yeah, I heard about this. I'm probably going to have to stop using the service, as I do NOT want my pictures used for anything. It's a shame, since I only just joined. Sigh.

My daughter joined not long ago and today I told her she has till the end of the year, she's not impressed! Why don't they just charge more for the apps?

They are back-peddling a little now, saying it was just a clarification of the terms and conditions because of their new relationship with Facebook, but it still boils down to the same thing - they want to make money from your pictures and although they may not, they may also hock them as they see fit.

There was an interesting quote from a pundit on Newsnight a moment ago: If a website appears to offer a free service the product is you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...