Looking for title and authors for 2 50's,-70's sci-fi books.

Any help Please. I am looking for the Titles and Author's names for two sci-fi books I read back in the 70's. One or both may have been written in the late 50's early 60's and the other maybe in the 70's.

The first was a young adult sci-fi book about a teen on the moon Ganymede with a "pet" Robot, humanoid type. I thought the tile was " Trouble on Ganymede" but I don't believe that is so. I don't recall the plot except the boy seemed to be sneaking past authorities to accomplish a mission. The cover of the book had the boy with his robot in the forefront on the spaceport on the Moon. This book may have been writtn in the early 70's.

The second book is about a boy and their family that has an Alien spaceship crash in their yard. They nurse him back to health and help him to contact his home planet. When a rescue ship arrives the boy and his family are sent along as representatives of planet Earth and the adventure begins their. Part of the book is about the journey through space and the rest is about their time on the Alien home planet, where there is some drama surrounding their visit and presence. This book may have had the word "Alien" in the Title and may have been written in either the 50's or 60's.

Thanks for any help in advance in identifying these two books and or locating copies for purchase.

All the Best,

jbulldog

As luck would have it I finally found one on Amazon, and I searched numerous times there. I found the first book it is for everyones reference:

"The Runaway Robot" by Lester Del Rey

I still need help looking for the second book please. Thanks again for any help in advance.

Sorry bulldog, I would love to be able to help but it didn't ring any bells for me. I am in the same position as you, I read loads of great 50s an 60s scifi when I was a teen and can't remember any of the titles or authors. One I did remember was Brit author Leonard Daventry. Wrote a handful of novels now forgotten. But worth a look up! Good luck with your search. :smile: