Films for Halloween?

Michelle

I had noticed there have been a few zombie movies on TV this week, but I hadn't clicked why that might be. :blush2: Oh, I wonder if that also explains why Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes has been on in the wee hours every morning this week and next?

I don't think I've ever specifically watched scary movies around Halloween, but I need some relaxing time, so maybe a little scary movie marathon might be in order! I have very recently 'discovered' The Twilight Zone. I've only watched the first episode (which was great!) and I have quite a few more to watch. :)

I also love Shaun of the Dead. I've always been a bit of a wuss when it comes to scary movies, but I appear to be getting over that a little. I watched 28 Weeks recently, and I'll watch Zombieland when it's on TV this week. I love George Romero's Night of the Living Dead and want to watch the sequels one of these days.

I also have a large collection of Alfred Hitchcock's movies that I haven't watched yet (mostly his earliest movies). Wow, such a choice!

I watch horror films all year round - LOL! We just watched Night Watch the other night, so we could be watching Day Watch around Halloween... Not rally horror, but light versus dark with vampires. :)

This year I'm going to watch Hocus Pocus and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, just because I haven't seen them in a long time.

My personal recommendations:

Drama Horror: Let The Right One In, the original, not the American remake.

Funny Horror: Drag Me To Hell it's a couple of years old and people have probably seen it, but it's a great quirky little flick.

Disturbing Thriller (Not a horror, but disturbing): Orphan

Scary Horror: REC (Think Spanish Cloverfield, with zombies. It's excellent.)

If I was to recommend one overall, it would be REC, because it's not that's widely known, but it's great.

No, I'm a bit of a wuss. I do dip my toe in from time to time but not into really scary stuff. The Woman in Black, Shaun of the Dead, Sleepy Hollow and The Orphanage are about as frightening as I can go but my fave Halloween movie's are Nightmare Before Xmas, Coraline and Monster House :D

Drag Me to Hell? :o:hide:

I tend to go the Asian route, so films like Ring, The Eye, Dark Water etc. Definitely not the Hollywood remakes, though. Apart from those, I love the old Universal monster movies, Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr, all that lot :D

I tend to go the Asian route, so films like Ring

love Ringu...all of them! Ju-on too (though I like Ringu much better)

I love the original Halloween 1&2...so cheesy, but I can't help it! The Shining, Paranormal Activity, Night of the Living Dead (original and first remake not too bad)