Strictly Come Dancing 2012

Raven

Yes well done Louis and Flavia, I'm very pleased for them both but especially for Flav.

There should be a landfill site especially for taking showdances to though - they're always awful.

Kimberley suffered from not having her best dances to choose from and the judges were mean with their choice (not just ballroom but her dance-off dance .. she looked over the moon to be doing it again). I don't know what happened to Dani, such a shame, it must have been nerves though she didn't appear to have any the day before but then it's probably the stress of the showdance. If you've got that on your mind you probably can't think of anything else.

I didn't like the thought of them eliminating anyone before they got the chance to dance, she had her outfit on and hair done and everything .. very mean.

There is no joy in Denise's dancing for me, technically she is great but it's like watching an exhibition plus I think she was freer because she had no (or low) expectations, the other two girls looked more tense.

Louis had all the right dances and all the right moves but I think his win was assured anyway.

There was a lack of ballroom dances, only Kimberley's really and a tango from Dani and it did seem unbalanced. Why can't we have more Fred & Ginger?

The costumes weren't great, seeing all those ones we've already seen was distinctly underwhelming. Bruce made me cringe more than usual and what on earth was Tess wearing, especially for the results show :o :o I could do a much better job if she would just loan me that body for a day (oh .. the things I could do :D)

I liked this series, one of the best I thought and there were some great dances.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was really pleased for Louis and Falvia last night - no showbizzy reactions, there - she was moved to tears, and he was just stunned. Loved their "gymnastics" dance - something there for everyone, I'd think.

Shame it's over for another year ... but at least we've got "Dancing on Ice" to look forward to.

Merry Christmas All. :grinhat:

Denise was far and away the bast dancer on the night, imo, and she got my vote.

That wasn't just to try ruining my Christmas was it? ;):D you'd have been too late - the costume dept had already done it :D

I thought the three girls looked amazing in their gold dresses at the start of the show, but then they had to take them off and put old ones on :o what an injustice. I would have insisted on wearing that to do the Viennese Waltz if I'd been Kimberley :D making her do that dance in a trout skin .. wasn't fair.

Poor Jerry Hall, her dress looked like it came from New Look :D (I buy outfits from there so I'm not sniffy but really .. for the Strictly final!!)

Is Vicky Wardrobe new this year? She did very few stylish dresses.

I thought Dave Arch and his w.w. orchestra did very well on the night and coped with Bohemian Rhapsody and all the rest admirably.

Am actually missing it all already :( There's the Christmas special but I preferred it when we saw the celebs from the current series, I know who wins it as well so anti-climax. Will still watch :D

The final WASN'T in 3D this year .. and I missed last years (though it can't have been good if they didn't do it again). A bit disappointing but never mind.

That wasn't just to try ruining my Christmas was it? ;):D

No, silly :lol: I genuinely thought she was best on the night. Out of the final three the order - for me - was Denise first, Kimble second, Louis third. Don't get me wrong, I thought Louis was great, but all his dances relied too heavily on showy flips and lifts rather than actual dance, imo, and Denise's jive was better than his salsa, and her Charleston was miles better than his. I don't begrudge him winning at all, though - he seems like a genuinely decent chap - I just didn't think he was the best dancer. Shame about Dani - she was my favourite many weeks, but the nerves really got to her.