What's up in September?

Maureen

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were on vacation in maine a couple weeks ago. One of the places we visited was York Harbor, Maine.

Across the street from our hotel was a small lovely park that was donated by a gentleman to the public. He also left a trust to maintain the upkeep.His purpose was to provide beautiful view of the Ocean for the people of the town. Attached are a few photos of the park. My wife and I sat on a stone bench a little down the path to the ocean and just sat and looked and listened to the Ocean. We must have sat there for well over an hour.

There are approx. 3 or 4 memorials in the park. One of them was of a 12 year old girl that died and was obviously loved very much by her parents. I took a photo of the memorial....Bonnie Britton.

While we were sitting on the stone bench a migration of Monarch butterflies was taking place. They were flying to mexico. Every minute or so we would see 2 or 3 butterflies fly by. I happened to take a picture of one while it was on a flower.

I hope you enjoy the photos, if not, go on to the next topic. :)

Edited by muggle not

Lovely photos Muggle. Amazing about the monarchs. You wonder how such fragile looking creatures can make it so far. We have a tree on one of the golf courses here, where monarchs over-winter. The whole tree gets covered, but they keep it pretty quiet exactly where it is, so they don't get disturbed.

The good news? I grabbed a copy of a book I've been waiting months to be released, which I will post in my reading blog. (Can't remember how to link directly to it at the moment, but it's where the others are listed.)

The bad news? Well, not really bad so much as incredibly freakin' annoying! I have been trying, for over 2 years no less, to take advantage of Microsoft's training sites to get up-to-date knowledge about the Office 2007. But I'm beginning think there's some kind of world-wide conspiracy to keep me from focusing on anything for more than 10 minutes without an interruption! If it ain't a furball, it's the phone, or the door, or the property company I rent from choosing to work with noisy machines right outside my window, or someone needs me to play nurse, slave, errand girl, or, or , or.........!!!! :hissyfit:

I need to win the lottery so I can buy a place that no-one knows about and I can go there to hide out now and then.

Oh, and the really exciting news? I have major claustrophobia and get the spend about 40 minutes locked in a noisy metal tube tomorrow, without moving, screaming or hyperventilating. Getting a full body MRI. Oh joy!

Off to see what I've missed on the boards now. :bye2: Maybe it will put me in a better mood.

Sorry for the rant.

Yes, nice pictures Muggle. :smile:

I am enjoying 2 days off - the sun has come out for the first time it seems since I returned from my latest holiday, so I am off to the viewpoint in a moment to enjoy it while I can.

I booked another trip to Lundy earlier in the week - going 18th Feb for 11 nights, and am thinking about next summer as well. The island is not as popular as it used to be (so I am told), so there is still plenty of room. Coran and I also have 4 days off to look forward to just before Christmas (20th - 23rd December - to coincide with the end of the Mayan calendar). We are going to Amesbury (Stonehenge) for one night and Glastonbury for another one, which should be good. I find I usually need a little time off at that time of year, and in my line of work, it can be in short supply! I expect the town will be packed, but hopefully the Tor won't be, and I am told it is quite good fun in the pitch black after dark ...

Edited by Talisman

Hello, everyone! I returned from my road trip on Saturday, and was off work yesterday and today to attend my step-father's memorial service and interment. It was very lovely and so many family and friends came to pay tribute.

I'm working tomorrow and then will be heading up to the cabin with my mom and sister to start closing it up for the winter.

I hope everyone has been well, and I'll post photos from my trip soon :).

A week from today we are going to take a drive from North Carolina where we now live to Virginia (about a 2 hour drive). We are driving up to a large Orchard where we will be buying about a half bushel of fresh picked apples. They have a number of varities including some locally developed but we will buy the Fuji as it is probably our favorite.

They are good - we made the mistake of changing our broadband from Virgin to TalkTalk a few months ago - slow is not the word. When our contract is up we are going to change straight back again !

Today was a relatively relaxed day at work, despite being the only housekeeper. It was such a beautiful day that I went home via Headley Heath and sat out for an hour reading with a cup of tea. It's getting chilly now though, but there is a gorgeous full moon.