Your Book Activity ~ July 2012

Kylie

Have had a bit of a mojo kick start, read the first 5 books in the Darklands series by Autumn Dawn and am now on number 6, all while waiting patiently for my winning copy of Shadow of Night to arrive :)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am reading 'The Secret Life of Houdini by William Kalush and Larry Sloman (paperback) and 'Cloudstreet' by Tim Winton (kindle) :bookworm:

I read quite a good chunk of The Technologists over the weekend but I'm no where close to finishing. There just aren't enough hours in a weekend which is a crying shame! :motz:

I finished a couple of books on my kindle over the weekend, My House Looks Like a Fairyland Crimescene - Ed Erzinger and also Customers Say the Stupidist Things by Adam. Unfortunatly i didnt really enjoy either of them.

I'm now reading Dracula by Bram Stoker and I'm enjoying it so much. Its really quite creepy and i cant wait to read more!

Finished the 4th Belgariad Book by David Eddings, absolutely brilliant! also read Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk which was hilarious as always.

Went shopping in London today and picked up Songs of the Dying Earth which is a collection of short stories, inspired by Jack Vance's Dying Earth, written by various authors including George R.R. Martin, Neil Gaiman, Tad Williams, Dan Simmons. The copy is also Signed by George R.R. Martin which is pretty cool!

Also got The Shrinking Man by Richard Matheson.

After finishing Dan Smith's excellent thriller The Child Thief set in the Ukraine winter of 1930,I started Karen Thompson Walker's The Age Of Miracles. Very good so far,an 11 yr old girl in California how her family and friends react when the earth slows down and the days become gradually longer. Also ordered One Child's War by Hugh Hafani Hayes,a fictional novel telling the story of how one family lives through the Blitz in WW2.

Have had a bit of a mojo kick start, read the first 5 books in the Darklands series by Autumn Dawn and am now on number 6, all while waiting patiently for my winning copy of Shadow of Night to arrive :)

Glad to hear the mojo's made an appearance Charm, happy reading. :smile:

I've been having to take it easy the last couple of days and so I've read:

Anansi Boys ~ Neil Gaiman

The moon is Down ~ John steinbeck

and

Of Mice and Men ~ John Steinbeck

I enjoyed Anansi Boys but I love Steinbecks writing. :readingtwo:

I read some excellent book on my hols which as per usual I have failed to update on my reading list ( I need a secretary) but amongst them were the excellent Jo Nesbo - The Phantom and Ben Aaronovitch's - Whispers Under Ground, plus a few others for more easy reading. Lately though its been desperate times whilct wyling away for some of my pre-orders to become live, although I am working my way through Jodi Picoults - Wonder Woman graphic novel.

In the post today via Supporter's Give Away (I will never remember this title.....lol.) thanks Michelle :smile:

'The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price Purveyor of Superior Funerals' by Wendy Jones.

I've literally just finished 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' by Garth Stein and I absolutely loved it! It's probably the best book I've read this year.

That's very happy news, I'm so pleased!! :smile2:

I finished The Snow Leopard last night, and have just got Human Traces down off the shelf to start today. Are you happy now, chaliepud? ;)

That made me laugh out loud :D

The crazy busy days are over and I can now finally concentrate on reading more, hopefully. I still haven't gotten into Cloudstreet :( I'm currently reading The Body of Evidence by Patricia Cornwell, I'm determined to read all of her novels that I own by the end of the year. Some will be re-reads, others I haven't read before. 1,5 down, loads more to go! :hide:

This morning I finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy and received The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price Purveyor of Superior Funerals by Wendy Jones in the post - a give-away from the publishers via Michelle. :D

In the post today via Supporter's Give Away (I will never remember this title.....lol.) thanks Michelle :smile:

'The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price Purveyor of Superior Funerals' by Wendy Jones.

... received The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price Purveyor of Superior Funerals by Wendy Jones in the post - a give-away from the publishers via Michelle. :D

Me too!

I've also read another couple of chapters of Human Traces which (chaliepud will be delighted to know) is absolutely compelling and I'm loving it - about half way through now. :smile2:

Lucky you Charm, I'm very jealous!! :). Luckily I had an email from Amazon yesterday to say my copy has been dispatched and should be with me Tuesday! I'm not yet half way through The Snow Child though so I need to crack on with that! :D

Hope you're enjoying Shadow of Night chaliepud! :)

Glad to hear the mojo's made an appearance Charm, happy reading. :smile:

Thanks pip, my Shadow of Night has arrived so I've started it already ;)

Hope you're enjoying Shadow of Night chaliepud! :)

I am, very muchly! :smile::readingtwo::smile:

Me too!

I've also read another couple of chapters of Human Traces which (chaliepud will be delighted to know) is absolutely compelling and I'm loving it - about half way through now. :smile2:

I really must read it again at some point, hopefully frankie will try it sometime soon.... :smile:

I haven't read an awful lot so far this monh, or at least it doesn't seem that way. At the moment though I am about halfway through The Appointment by Marta Hueller - a Romanian author born and bred.