Friday night tipple !

Inver

It's' Friday and the tipple is a 'Woo Woo'....measure of vodi, measure of Archers, 5 scubes of ice, dash of lime and topped up with cranberry juice. Cheers....What's yours?

I only started drinking a little recently, and I went out last Friday with workmates and enjoyed a vodka and pineapple juice, and two vodka sunrises (vodka, orange and grenadine). I don't even know what grenadine is. Is it alcoholic? Not sure if there was one or two shots of alcohol in those drinks...

I don't even know what grenadine is. Is it alcoholic?

Wiki: Grenadine is traditionally a red syrup. It is used as an ingredient in cocktails, both for its flavor and to give a reddish/pink tinge to mixed drinks.

Grenadine was also one of the original non-alcoholic ingredients of the Sea Breeze cocktail when it was first introduced by Jack Bender in the 1920s.

Grenadine syrup is commonly used to mix "cherry" Coca-Colas (also called Grenadinis or Roy Rogers cocktails), pink lemonade, Shirley Temple cocktails, Tequila Sunrises, Cherry Bombs (Bailey's, Kahlua and Grenadine) and flavor-soaked cherries, making them bright red.

~~

It's a lovely day, I might buy me some cider and some ciggies and go and read at some park!

Cherry Coke! Yay! Thanks Frankie. :)

I have some pre-mixed drinks at home (vodka, of course, with midori and juice). Maybe I'll crack one open and treat myself tonight. :)

I have some pre-mixed drinks at home (vodka, of course, with midori and juice). Maybe I'll crack one open and treat myself tonight. :)

:o You've turned into an alko! :D

I'm only joking! But it is a change to what you were like when I was there. Even I didn't have vodka in the house at the time.

I'm going to go and buy a bottle of white wine, I feel thirsty. ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not a huge drinker these days, but I love real ale and bitter, so a nice bottle of Newcastle Brown or Director's always goes down well on a Friday night