Spoons and Yodelling

poppy

Muggle's post on Bluegrass/picker legend Doc Watson reminded me of some videos I've watched recently.

I've always wanted to play the spoons and while looking for instructional videos, I came across this very talented lady.

She certainly is amazing. I must admit that I have never seen a person play the spoons like that. I was trying to access the clip by her playing the song Rocky Top but couldn't get it back in my sight. :)

Rocky Top is a great song as played by the Osborne Brothers who I have seen play 3 different times.

I've found the Rocky Top clip Muggles, but it's not very good, a lot of background traffic noise.

This is Deb 'Spoons' Perry from Australia playing along to Lonely Boy by The Black Keys. :D (this is especially for Weave if she happens to see it)

Great clips. I saw Deb Perry on TV recently doing that Black Keys song. Excellent. :)

And I caught that dig at 'well-known Australians' in the NZ clip! :P I love yodelling. :D

lol Kylie, I wondered if you'd hear that, I'm glad you've got a good sense of humour :friends3:

Well, if we dish it out, we have to be able to take it back. :giggle2:

I love how she starts out slow and sweet on Chopsticks (is that what it's called?) and then launches into Black Betty. She can certainly rock it!